• Commercial/Vendors welcome

2018 and older coaches with comfort steer

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I think it would have to be an OASIS tagged FL shop but my thought was to reach out to FCCC help line or email.

Someone messaged me that they didn't like my comment above. It was not pointed at anyone or doubting anything. My beef lately is all the nonsense I read on Facebook such as tire pressures, how to do this and that and so many "experts" with so much terrible information being given. At the recent Newmar Hoots, as I outlined in my after action report of it, I brought up to the president of Newmar how in my observation that many Newmar owners don't know how to use their coaches. They are complex, complicated, I know I took a long time to figure things out and am still learning, hence recent FWS failure. So I hope no one takes my contribution to this thread, of trying to find the factual information, if needed, personally. I appreciate the private message but I have no problem with being called out in the thread either if you think something I said was incorrect or you need an explanation. We are all trying to sort though this.

Having had my coach 6.5 years with no issue along this line, how many others have also NOT had an issue, how many have? How widespread is it? Is it really a problem? I hate to go throwing electrical fixes in to something that seems to be working right for me at least, cough PDM replacements when I never had that issue and I got new PDM's twice now.

Discussions are vetting the information, trying to understand it. No one should take anything here personally. It's education!
Heck Neal I am still learning after three years, and will probably never know everything I need to.

I just called the FL help line (800 385-4357) and was told the following (by Derrick):

This problem has primarily been with 2016 and 2017 IFS coaches. When PS hoses are replaced, they also do the wiring modification, although he said it isn’t really a harness - just a wiring change so that the PS system is not pressurized when the parking brake is set.

He said this is an easy job that should take less than an hour shouldn’t be very expensive. He also said he has never heard of it being done preemptively and never seen the issue on straight axle coaches. I’ll still call Sac Truck tomorrow and get their version and bring that info back here.

I emailed FCCC and will report back if/when I hear something.

I wonder why IFS makes any difference. Interesting.

I just called the FL help line (800 385-4357) and was told the following (by Derrick):

This problem has primarily been with 2016 and 2017 IFS coaches. When PS hoses are replaced, they also do the wiring modification, although he said it isn’t really a harness - just a wiring change so that the PS system is not pressurized when the parking brake is set.

He said this is an easy job that should take less than an hour shouldn’t be very expensive. He also said he has never heard of it being done preemptively and never seen the issue on straight axle coaches. I’ll still call Sac Truck tomorrow and get their version and bring that info back here.
Thanks for reaching out for factual information. I think you've calmed down many here, including self, and not having everyone chasing down this $750 fix when it may not apply to some.

I wonder why IFS makes any difference. Interesting.
I should have asked but I didn’t get the impression I was going to get in-depth info on the help line. I also didn’t sense a great deal of concern but I’ll still follow up and if there is an improvement that can help prevent being stranded I’m all for it. I’ve often wondered if CD causes premature wear on the PS pump because it‘s working almost constantly as opposed to conventional systems that are more or less “in neutral” when the steering is centered, although this “fix” wouldn’t address question.

Just haven't really heard much of this issue. Doesn't mean it's not happening, just never got my attention in trying to keep up with what's going on. With my string of luck lately I'll probably report back next stop with this issue :(

Heck Neal I am still learning after three years, and will probably never know everything I need to.
I agree - I doubt I’ll ever stop learning about the care and maintenance of all the systems, equipment, and components on these things.

Just haven't really heard much of this issue. Doesn't mean it's not happening, just never got my attention in trying to keep up with what's going on. With my string of luck lately I'll probably report back next stop with this issue :(
My luck hasn’t been that great lately either (but I did learn a lot about boost levels and exhaust temp) - I don’t want to be wondering if a blown power steering hose is in my future….

Latest resources

Back