Chassis
Spartan
Engine
X15
TOW/TOAD
Stacker Trailer
Fulltimer
No
I just bought a 2018 Essex and have a few questions.
1. Silver leaf oasis screen says no AC Input and I’m plugged into a 50 amp circuit.Everything else shows normal.
2. How can I heat the coach with the Oasis only and not the heat pumps when I’m plugged into shore power?
3. How does engine preheat get turned on from the Oasis?
4. When entering the coach next to the steps on the left side there is 3 rocker switches and one push button switch.What is the button switch for?When I push it the hydraulic pump starts. For what?
There will be more questions,
Thanks for the help
Randy

"1. Silver leaf oasis screen says no AC Input and I’m plugged into a 50 amp circuit.Everything else shows normal."

That should be normal. When there is a call for heat, the oasis AC elements will kick in. Turn a hot water faucet ON and after a while should see the AC elements turn blue (ON).

"2. How can I heat the coach with the Oasis only and not the heat pumps when I’m plugged into shore power?"

From SilverLeaf home screen, select 'Features', then look for 'Climate Configuration', after selecting that, change the 'Heat Mgmnt' option from 'Primary' to 'Secondary' to use the oasis in place of heat pump.

"3. How does engine preheat get turned on from the Oasis?"
on the SL home screen, there should be an option, usually on the bottom of the menu list, for 'Block Htr'. Of course, in the engine bay, there is an outlet for the engine heat, which should be plugged-in.

For no 4, you might want to post a picture, to be sure. there are some original switches and some that newmar added to deal with HWH issues. a picture would help to ID what exactly you may have.

For #4 I've read that Newmar added a HWH reset button due to the number of glitches they were experiencing

I can confirm the reset switch being added. Our 2022 Superstar has an HWH reset switch where all the controls are.

It is labeled as the HWH reset switch. Momentary switch.

Attachments

• EBA13327-77B8-4F73-AF7F-5BDA3045646C.jpeg
    EBA13327-77B8-4F73-AF7F-5BDA3045646C.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
#4 may be the entry step override switch. It is the only round one on our Superstar and looks similar - may explain why the hydraulics start.

Attachments

• E6785079-7DE3-4D92-B6B6-EE163E2D2A20.jpeg
    E6785079-7DE3-4D92-B6B6-EE163E2D2A20.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 7
Thanks Guys, You answered my first round of questions. I’m sure there will be more.

Latest resources

Back