Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

2018 Jayco Greyhawk 29 MV rear camera issues.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Pull the rear camera and check connection at the camera. On my class C, purchased new, I had to replace one side camera and the rear camera.
Thanks for your quick response, and what can I expect to see as far as connectors and how to test the ones related to the camera? It will be pretty obvious if there is a loose connection but beyond that I would like to be sure it is the camera before buying a new one.

Thanks,

Steve

You would primarily be looking for a loose connection at the camera. You could check for continuity on the wire, but it may be easier just to try a replacement camera. Try the new camera on each line, if need be.

Just returned from a 6 hour each way trip and had the camera come on part way through both 6 hour legs and stay on for approximately 1 hour This made me think there was a loose connection somewhere but had no where to look beyond under the dash. While gone I ordered a new light / camera from Amazon at a very reasonable price. Got home and plugged the new camera in and problem solved. I will say it was a very tight squeeze getting the wires back into the coach. Everything I saw led me to believe there was a loose connection somewhere and maybe there was a loose connection internally of the camera itself. It didn't look like they had done a great job of sealing everything as a couple of the screws covering the camera section were corroded.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back