Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Another video on the 2021 Entegra Cornerstone. Looks like Entegra is advancing nicely and showing other vendors are not quite keeping up in areas.

Agreed. I think that the Cornerstone is quite a unit. Other will present that Entegra doesn’t allow the customization that others do but this allows them to standardize and streamline to help keep costs in check a bit and therefore offer more bang for the buck. These can be bought for much less than a King Air but in my opinion be a better product. Certainly respect the Newmar loyalists. JMHO.

As a Newmar "loyalist" which may be fading we tend to be close minded. There are great things about different companies, brands, etc. Entegra has caught my eye before and I think not taking a look at other brands such as this Entegra Cornerstone would be a mistake. Tunnel vision is not a good thing. Newmar's quality has been on the decline, tech has always been lagging, I think the Entegra Cornerstone warrants a very hard look for those shopping.

I tinkered a bit on the Entegra web site looking at the Cornerstone. MSRP for a 45W is around $750K. It's very hard to leave what you know and trust for something completely unknown even with known downfalls such as less than desirable quality on Newmars these days. The Entegra's continue to catch my eye as they did at the FMCA rally in Perry, GA in 2018. As @ARD said in another thread the carpet and lack of emergency exit in the bathroom as Newmar does is signficant. If they fixed these two things it sure would be interesting.

I have to see them up close. I’ll try to take some pictures this week. My storage can only fit a 40 ft and that only allows me to consider an aspire so I am leaning more towards a DSDP or a MADP as it has features I like. Just fitting into this spot tonight in a KOA made never want to have a 45 foot. @Neal I agree with all your points above and it’s sad to read about newmar quality and especially for others who have had numerous problems. If and when that time comes it’s going to be really tough choice.

Is the E-Z Steer on the Entegra the same as, or similar to, Newmar's Comfort Drive? Personally, I wouldn't insider a oath that didn't have that feature.

TJ

It does not have the self centering Newmar's does, not sure if anything else is different.

I think the Cornerstone is going to get a really hard look from me next time around. This is really cool, look at the dash presentation (hint, nav in the main dash display):

nav-dash.png

I think the Cornerstone is going to get a really hard look from me next time around. This is really cool, look at the dash presentation (hint, nav in the main dash display):

Kinda reminds you of an A-10 cockpit, right? Does Entegra integrate the GAU-8/A and Maverick/Sidewinder missiles too? How about NVIS? That could be a real traffic-clearing machine, day or night! :oops:

TJ

Entegra's presentation of the 2021 Cornerstone

Latest resources

Back