Dustchstar 4369
RV Length
Chassis
Spartan
Engine
450 HP
TOW/TOAD
F150
In process of comparing above two models. Looking for thoughts on which would be better quality etc. Price diff between new American Coach and 2021 Newmar is 60K. Plan to use all over US not just southeast. Appreciate any thoughts shared in advance.

Tom

All else being equal the DS has Comfort drive so that would make the difference to me. Wouldn’t be without it. The AT42 may have something similar - I don’t know. I would also compare construction methods, insulation, and chassis specs and warranty for any other benefits on either one. The rest is just aesthetics and creature comforts to me. The mirrors on the AT might be more functional but that alone wouldn’t sway me. The new AT has an ISX but it might also weigh more so that would effect power to weight ratio.

Any links to listings? Will help others help you review.

Below are the links to the 2 coaches I am considering. Looking for thoughts on which would be better quality etc. Price diff between new American Coach and 2021 Newmar is 60K. Plan to use all over US not just southeast. Appreciate any thoughts shared in advance.

2021 Dutch Start 4369 Used 2021 Newmar Dutch Star | #10494CC | Atlanta | National Indoor RV Centers

2021 American Coach Tradition 42V New 2023 American Coach American Tradition | Monticello | Gravity | #7948 | Atlanta | National Indoor RV Centers

My opinion after buying and selling 3 Newmar’s, two of which were Dutch Star 4369’s :
1) in the under $1,000,000 segment there is no other brand that holds its resale value like Newmar.
2) the Dutch Star has no carpet.
3) comfort steer (electronically dampened steering)
4) the Dutch Star your looking at has a more popular seating configuration
5) Newmar is great at TV placement relative to seating
6) Newmar uses hung wall construction check it out on Newmar’s website
7) the storage compartment looks like they are reduced down in the American
Good luck

Thanks for the feedback. Actually found a 2023 4369 with 2100 miles that we will be purchasing this week on Spartan chassis and some other nice upgrades. Newmar has been our favorite as we have been looking the past 12-15 months.
This has DirectTV dish (wineguard) but we are not DirectTV users.

What is the best solution for Internet/TV for us who will travel the US (not full-timers-still working some).

Starlink or other satellite offerings?

Appreciate the information.

Tom

Congratulations! Great Choise

I can’t recommend Starlink as I have no experience with it but if you search this forum you will find a great deal of info on it and many other streaming ideas. As for Directv, I’ve had it forever. It’s fine for the home but not so much for the rv. Dish would be a better choice if you prefer to go that route for your tv.

Thanks for your insight.

Latest resources

Back