• Commercial/Vendors welcome

2021 Newmar Predictions

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Only a guess... 2021 DSDP will feature a much larger rear view camera screen and radio/ nav screen in a newly redesigned front dash.
If Newmar is smart, they don’t even need to redesign the dash. For the last year or so, Infotainment manufacturers have started introducing single-din floating screens. The Alpine Halo 9 (9-Inch Alpine Halo9 Mech-less Audio/Video Receiver) with a 9” capacitive Touchscreen was released last year and supports both CarPlay and Android Auto along with all of the other typical bells and whistles. 9” is a lot of screen in a car. Jeep with probably has the best infotainment setup in the industry save for possibly Tesla just introduced their UConnect 5 system and it is just catching up to the Halo9 in terms of screen size.

This year at CES, Pioneer introduced their DMH-WT8600NEX (DMH-WT8600NEX - Multimedia Receiver with 10.1" HD Capacitive Touch Floating Display) giving consumers an awesome 10.1” floating screen, wireless CarPlay and Android Auto head unit. Alpine saw it coming and fired back with the Alpine iLX-F411 (Alpine) with a whopping 11” floating screen, also with CarPlay and Android Auto.

All of these units use a single din chassis and just float over your dash, and support a fair range of tilt left, right, up and down as well as vertical sliding up and down adjustments. Using a single DIN approach is smart because that allows the unit to fit is practically any car with a radio, almost regardless of age.

Now, 9” is almost cutting edge. 10” is wowza and 11” is unheard of. The only manufacturer beating these screen sizes is Tesla. All this to say, a dash remodel probably isn’t even needed. Newmar just needs to pick some half-decent infotainment vendors. The technology is out there for the taking.

I for one and waiting for the Pioneer unit to come out and will be installing it. The 10.1” display should closely resemble the 10.1” ipad I will installed beside it, making it all look pretty seamless and stock.

Really? Mountain Aire and Dutch Star are the two original names Newmar used when it moved into the Class A market. Why would it want to discontinue either one. If the Dutch Star needs 500 HP, a stronger frame, huskier transmission, etc., then it is just re-creating what it already has in the Mountain Aire.

If you want to simplify the model line, drop the London Aire and either the Essex or King Aire. Then, you would have three distinct market segments represented and it could more easily maintain market separation.

A further brand consolidation could occur if Newmar were to drop the Ventana or Kountry Aire model.

All that said, it will be academic when the TJ "Electro" series hits the market in a few years! We plan to have a 100% market share within the first year. ;)

TJ

While I like your overall thinking, I don’t think Ventana or Kountry Star are either in danger of being cut. As we all know, the Dutch Star is Newmar’s best selling DP, but the Ventana is coming on strong and may be the fastest growing brand. And they need the Kountry Star to have an entry level DP for those starting out who want a diesel.

And while I don’t think they really need three brands offering 605 horsepower engines, two are good to allow a lower cost option for the power guys.

I still vote to drop Neal’s Essex.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Christmas list shortened.

Everbody is hounding (not me) for an electric drive motorhome. Well the technology is feasible, since the USN has been using electric drive for many different classes of ships for years. But, lots of owners now have trouble driving and backing up the behemoths now, so I just see damage to the charging stations as one offshootg.
2nd: If as all the environmentlists want true transisition to all electric motorized vehicles is gained. Here are the negatives:
1. There is not enough transmission lines currently nor the right of ways to build enough transmission to carry the additional energy to run all those vehicles. Not in my backyard is the current venue.
2. Not enough generation, environmentilists wont allow IOU's, or the government to build dams, nor nuclear plants. If you think solar or wind will make up the difference you are so off base, your off the field. Gas Combustion Turbines, oil and coal fired plants are the cheapest, quickest way to bring on additional generation. It will take doubling of the output we currently have, and NOT IN MY BACKYARD again rears it's ugly head.
Oh, lets take winter, massive snow storm, all electric fleet, but, massive ice and snow storm takes out 20% of distribution lines, how are all those vehicles going to get charged? They use electricity for heating the car's/RV's/etc. interior, no power, you will be dead in the water, and not going to charge vehicle and move for weeks.
So, there may be hybrid drives, total electric motorhomes are not in the near future. As oil prices continue to be stable and come down in some cases, the internal combustion engine is and will continue to be the power plant of choice for years to come. If all that pollution bothers you , park your vehicles, and stay home.
AND IF THE ABOVE WAS NOT ENOUGH, Remember this: ITS ALWAYS ABOUT THE BENJAMINS. Money talks, BS walks.
My experienced: I worked for the largest Pacific NW Federal Power marketing agency when working, we faced "siting issues" as the biggest to impede new needed transmission systems, and the plans for building several federal hydro projects have been on the drawing boards for 60 years, and the environmentalists have blocked them every time they were brought to the table. Narvana is nice, but unfeasible.

Anybody know when and where the dealer show is this year?

FLSteve

Indianapolis. Early April.

Wonder if the dealer show will get pushed back a bit due to the Coronavirus? I would think it might be hard for dealers to place very many orders with all that is going on with the economy. I know that NorthTrail RV still has a lot of 2020's sitting there.

FLSteve

Here are a few 2021 pricing sheets for the DSDP 4081 and the MADP 4102 & 4118 that I was able to get.

FLSteve

Attachments

• 2021 DSDP 4081 - Newmar pricing.pdf
    173.1 KB · Views: 36
  • 2021 MADP 4102 & 4118 - Newmar pricing.pdf
    228.9 KB · Views: 36
Who would have guessed that my entire wishlist would show up in the 2021 CanyonStar!!

Latest resources

Back