Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Okay folks, what are your guesses as to what's coming in 2021 for Newmar Motorhomes? First year officially under Winnebago.

I've been thinking for some time what will Newmar do in 2021 and come up empty this year but here are a few of my inputs/guesses:
  1. Higher prices. Yes, I expect another price increase, the economy is strong and I think the RV industry is still holding strong.
  2. I really hope we do not see W branding on Newmar coaches at all!
  3. With @redbaron post about SPwill we be seeing a dominance of FL for chassis options? Will SP still be a choice? King Aire on a FL coming?
    1. I've heard W doesn't do SP, will we see changes along this line start to occur with W ownership?
  4. DSDP with a higher HP engine, it's time! And hopefully a front axle change so that it doesn't come off the line with the front axle at limits

Last edited:
I will be interested in seeing if they will offer the 4081 floor plan in the Mountain Aire line.

FLSteve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
2021 might be a little early, but how long before we see EV motorhomes? With Newmar's history of innovation, could they be the first with a truly "all-electric" coach. Freightliner, Volvo and Tesla (among others) are well into the development stage of electric semi trucks and, with the push to move away from fossil fuels, how long will it be until our diesel-powered behemoths are a thing of the past?

If you think about it, a motorhome would be a great platform for electric drive. We already use battery power for the coach, so an enhanced battery package could also provide drive power. And, we have generators aboard that could be used for emergency charging (yeah, they would still need a little diesel, but not too much).

Don't forget, you heard it here first!

TJ

Dear Elon, meet Team @TJ&LadyDi. A little competition never hurts.

Only a guess... 2021 DSDP will feature a much larger rear view camera screen and radio/ nav screen in a newly redesigned front dash.

Should start with the Essex so you have all the bugs worked out by 2027 for @Neal

Should start with the Essex so you have all the bugs worked out by 2027 for @Neal
Since "Essex" is a trade-marked brand name owned by Newmar, @NWIP, I can't use it. Rest assured, however, the "Electron-40" will be a "Ventessex" in all but name. Gonna put it on a Spartan chassis just for @Neal! :rolleyes:

How about Teslessex

With regards to RedBaron’s post, I see this increasing the visibility of Spartan chassis in the RV world. From the Spartan press rel
Accordingly, the Company will be changing its corporate name in the coming months, subject to shareholder approval. REVG has licensed the "Spartan" name and the “Spartan diamond” logo back to the Company for use in the Company's RV chassis business.
As always it depends on are you buying or selling ?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back