• Commercial/Vendors welcome

2021 Newmar Predictions

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I will be interested in seeing if they will offer the 4081 floor plan in the Mountain Aire line.

FLSteve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ditto.

But with my new 4081 DS being delivered next week, I shudder to think the temptation I would be facing to upgrade.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don’t want to upset all the Essex lovers out there and I personally have nothing against that brand. However, I have felt for a while now that Newmar’s DP lineup is a bit too deep.

I mean, do they really need eight different brands?

Do they really need three with 605 HP engines. Is the demand for those big engines that strong?

And any buyer who is walking around with Essex money likely has an extra $100k for King Aire money.

Couple that with a fact I picked up from a Newmar VP at a Newmar rally a year or so ago that Essex was the poorest selling DP in terms of quantity and I think there may be a chance that it will eventually be dropped.

If I’m right, sorry Neal, it’s a King Aire for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blasphemy, I can't even bring myself to quote said post. :poop:

DSDP with a higher HP engine, it's time! And hopefully a front axle change so that it doesn't come off the line with the front axle at limits

As much as I like the idea of 500 HP in a DS, I can see a few problems with this idea.

1. The bigger engine would require a heavier duty chassis.

2. Would need bigger radiator.

3. Would need Allison 4000.

Oh, wait, that’s a Mountain Aire.

New design to front caps. Not a fan of the last few years post 2018 I think is where it changed.

Only 2 years into the new design so think it will be another 2-3 years. Wasn’t a big fan when they changed front/rear cap but now I love it ?

As much as I like the idea of 500 HP in a DS, I can see a few problems with this idea.

1. The bigger engine would require a heavier duty chassis.

2. Would need bigger radiator.

3. Would need Allison 4000.

Oh, wait, that’s a Mountain Aire.

Newmar would be better served with a 500 HP DSDP and discontinue the MADP.

Really? Mountain Aire and Dutch Star are the two original names Newmar used when it moved into the Class A market. Why would it want to discontinue either one. If the Dutch Star needs 500 HP, a stronger frame, huskier transmission, etc., then it is just re-creating what it already has in the Mountain Aire.

If you want to simplify the model line, drop the London Aire and either the Essex or King Aire. Then, you would have three distinct market segments represented and it could more easily maintain market separation.

A further brand consolidation could occur if Newmar were to drop the Ventana or Kountry Aire model.

All that said, it will be academic when the TJ "Electro" series hits the market in a few years! We plan to have a 100% market share within the first year. ;)

TJ

• Mountain Aire
  • London Aire
  • Essex
  • King Aire
I think there is a chance that one of these could drop off … my uneducated guess is the Mountain Aire or Essex. I really like that the Mountain Aire still offers some 40' floor plans. That could save it.

FLSteve

Latest resources

Back