• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

sharon1199

RVF Newbee
Hello:
Traded in our 2016, 40ft 5th wheel (Jayco Pinnacle) for a 2022 Bay Star Sport 2813. Have had a lot of issues driving it home from NC to Illinois. It has only 3900 miles. Have a couple of questions. I have read a lot of info on how to improve the ride (to get rid of the "death grip"), the fishtail effect and the pushing effect broadside when the semis fly by. After much research - I'm upgrading the shocks to Koni on the front, Sumo Springs on the front and rear, Trac Bar for the rear end and Safe T or Roadside steering stabilizers. Hopefully this will improve steering, get rid of the fishtail and get rid of the "floating down the road" feeling. Any input would be appreciated. Our toad will be a 2006 Jeep Liberty diesel. Thank you.

Install Koni shocks on the rear as well. They help significantly with the damping, up/down movement of the coach!
Also, get your coach weighed, so that you have all 4 corner weights. Once you have that information, look at your load distribution, especially front to rear. And also utilize the tire pressure charts for the "correct", not maximum, tire pressures, which will improve the ride!

And if you want the ultimate ride/handling, you could do as I did, & install "Liquid Spring" four corner suspension!
About $25K, but rides, drives, & handles like a big SUV!! Fantastic!!

Good Luck, enjoy your coach, and may you have many Happy Smiles & Miles!!:cool:

You can do all that at once and be a little happier for a lot of money, or do the susension mods one at a time and stop spending when it rides and handles better.
Remember that this is a commercial truck/school bus chassis. It will always ride like a school bus.
Personally, having spent a little time behind the wheeel of a bus, I don't complain too much about the way my 34ft rides. I did do the CHF on the rear and that improved the handling much more than I anticipated. It cost me about an hour of my time...
I'm debating Sumo Springs or Sway bar links for the front at this time.

The best thing to do is get more seat time and get used to driving a bus.

Latest resources

Back