Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Watkins

RVF Regular
Previously owner of a Grand Design Reflection TT and have always wanted to do the Class A DP program and well... I finally did it. I have been looking, asking questions and researching Class A DP units for years. I knew I wanted an Oregon built coach, Cummins Power, Side Radiator, 40' or less. I narrowed down my search in order; 1. Country Coach 2. Beaver (hard to find w/Cummins) 3. Monaco 4. Newmar 5. Tiffin and I really was looking for that 2002ish - 2007ish time frame and... yes, another AND, I wanted the fiberglass 1pc roof if at all possible.

I found a 2003 CC Intrigue, 65k, 40', Cummins 8.9 ISL, 400HP in great shape and it was at a used RV dealer that has been independently owned and operated since opening back in 1975 I believe. Robbins Camper in Ormond Beach, FL.

All great with the deal, I took it for a nice 850+ trip day after buying it and it ran like a TOP, smooth, quiet and great power. The last 200 miles I noticed a small oil leak, it appeared to be coming from oil line to turbo but their were not many options on the weekend to have it repaired or even looked at so I nursed it the last 200 miles. Got it into Cummins for complete service/inspection (LOF, Fuel Filters, Belts & Hoses, Trans Service, Coolant Flush, Air Filter and diagnostic for oil leak) and yes, it was that oil line but then when Cummins got deeper into replacing that line they noticed my exhaust manifold was cracked so lets just say that was a pretty big bill when it was all done.

I like, love it. Have not been able to actually stay in it yet. I am chasing a few small things (I had to replace the plunger valve on the toilet) and now chasing an issue with the Hot Water, well lack of cold water in shower. I am planning a big trip starting this year just after Thanksgiving for about 4 months, 3200 miles or so. Looking forward to my next chapter in the RV world, meeting new people, seeing new things.
tempImageHAnH2A.png

Lookin good and it sounds like you’re doing it right. What about tire age?

Latest resources

Back