• Commercial/Vendors welcome

2022 BAYSTAR 12V Tow Adapter - No Current

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Dang, I apologize about the "coiled wire" comment! It was not on my F-53 chassis either. I'm getting forgetful, in my old age!;)
What happened was that I took it to the local Ford Dealer, in Bremman In. for some chassis work, & they installed the wire while there! I believe his comment was that the manufacturer was suppose to run the wire to the 7-way, but they do not!

Just stumbled across this post. On the F-53 chassis Newmar does run 2 spare 12 gauge wires (orange & black to the 7 pin. there are folded back & taped inside the split loom tubing at the 7 pin. They can be found up front to the left of the brake pedal next to the side wall down by the floor (same vicinity as the ford brake controller plug). You can use an open fuse slot on the fuse block on the left wall wall to power the 12 volt charge line on the 7 pin. it must be connected on both ends, about a 15 minute job.

I did discover these. Dealer indicated wire gauge not adequate for him to do the job using the orange or black wires … ran a thicker wire to harness.

Latest resources

Back