RV Make
Keystone
RV Model
Cougar
RV Length
25RES
Fulltimer
No
Good morning all. Started having electrical issues yesterday and have no idea what to test next. I'm in a campground (semi permanent) and running on 120v 50 amp service. So far I know: Rear AC not working in any mode (can't even run fan) front ac working fine; All 120V outlets in living area dead except outlet tv is plugged into; 1 GFCI (in bathroom) NOT tripped - that gives me power in bathroom and kitchen; another GFCI (in bedroom) in inverter outlet works; all inverter outlets work; Micro and Refr work; stereo and fireplace dead; all fuses and circuit breakers working; all lights in cabin are working; chairs in living room not working - they plug into outlet that appears dead; all exterior lights work including landing lights. I have a gentleman who is a recent graduate of rv repair school helping, but these issues are not familiar to him. I'm 100+ miles from a customer service facility (Camping World) and no way to take to them - long story.

If only 1 of 2 A/C is working, can you use a volt meter and confirm that both hot legs of the shore 50a service is working?

Try turning each breaker you have for 110 off and back on one at a time. Sometimes the breakers are tripped and do not appear to be tripped. Good luck.
2618.png

If only 1 of 2 A/C is working, can you use a volt meter and confirm that both hot legs of the shore 50a service is working?
You got it. 50AMP breaker appeared to be working - but half wasn't. Picked up replacement and waiting for friend to come over and finish. Thanks for the help.

Latest resources

Back