Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

bkspenc09

RVF Newbee
My 2018 Cougar has began having issues with the fuse for my Front Lights blowing. I first thought I had an issue with the battery but after replacing the battery that did not fix the issue. I'm not sure if I have an exposed wire or other issues. Anyone deal with similar issues? Thanks.

Brian

A wire or contact in the light circuit is shorting to ground.
First, remove all the bulbs and relpace the fuse. Turn on the lights. Did the fuse blow?
If not, replace the lights one by one until it blows.
If so, remove each light socket from the panel and look around. Maybe you'll get lucky and there is some corrosion on the light socket that is shorting to the chassis ground.
If that gets you nothing, it is likely a wire that has rubbed a bare spot in between the light circuit and the fuse panel.

A wire or contact in the light circuit is shorting to ground.
First, remove all the bulbs and relpace the fuse. Turn on the lights. Did the fuse blow?
If not, replace the lights one by one until it blows.
If so, remove each light socket from the panel and look around. Maybe you'll get lucky and there is some corrosion on the light socket that is shorting to the chassis ground.
If that gets you nothing, it is likely a wire that has rubbed a bare spot in between the light circuit and the fuse panel.
Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Brian

Latest resources

Back