• Commercial/Vendors welcome

2022 Dutch Star ?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
@osuallen What program are you using to created the alternate paint graphics?

@Someday Came: I used MS Paint. It is not automatic and a little tedious, but the results work well for this. A few days ago, I read (I think that it was on another forum) that Newmar has a paint chart that the dealers get that has all the colors for the model year and you can work from that to "color match" for this type of effort. I do not know if it is true or not, but it would make sense.

I wonder if someone can answer if you go for the custom colors special are you limited to a) Newmar current year colors; b) Newmar recent colors; or c) pretty much any?

Any newmar color can be used

Any color, as long as it is in the "Newmar Palate" can be used for special paint.
For example, my 2020 Canyon Star, the Gold was a Mountain Aire color. the Maroon a Ventana color, the Gray & Black were Canyon Star colors!
A word of warning....."The COLOR shown on the COMPUTER RENDERING from NEWMAR, is NOT A MATCH TO THE REAL COLOR! Go find a coach with the particular color on it, that you are considering!

And like ARD said..........these 2022 selections are AWFUL!
But, maybe with the "right" color selections for "special" paint, they can be made to look sharp!

@osuallen Thanks for the response. The "standard" paint options for the 22 Dutch Star are a no go for me also. I've also been using MS paint. Like @Jabber Jaw says the color on the monitor is not a great match to the actual coach. I've taken a couple shots at putting the 21 Dutch Star Norfolk colors on the 22 Dutch Star graphic. I've not been able to get the colors to match very well to a photo I have of a 21. I think part of the issue is MS paint is not able to reproduce the visual of metallic paint, or I just don't know how to do it. MS paint does allow you to have some perspective of the basic color combination. The best I can tell Newmar only provides a rendering of your custom color choices fairly late in the order process. Would sure be nice if they would provide a tool to their dealers so we could home in on the color combination.

@osuallen Thanks for the response. The "standard" paint options for the 22 Dutch Star are a no go for me also. I've also been using MS paint. Like @Jabber Jaw says the color on the monitor is not a great match to the actual coach. I've taken a couple shots at putting the 21 Dutch Star Norfolk colors on the 22 Dutch Star graphic. I've not been able to get the colors to match very well to a photo I have of a 21. I think part of the issue is MS paint is not able to reproduce the visual of metallic paint, or I just don't know how to do it. MS paint does allow you to have some perspective of the basic color combination. The best I can tell Newmar only provides a rendering of your custom color choices fairly late in the order process. Would sure be nice if they would provide a tool to their dealers so we could home in on the color combination.
Yeah - MS Paint leaves a lot to be desired. Also the colors will change from monitor to monitor unless you have the really high dollar graphics monitors that are color adjusted to represent the actual color. Even then the metallic colors are a challenge to be correctly represented. I think about the best you can do, even with Newmars paint sheet is to get a general idea of the combination.

I am actually surprised Newmar doesn’t have a paint configurator app. I always figured there was some program you all were using to do this. To hear that ya’ll are using MS Paint is bananas to me.

I am actually surprised Newmar doesn’t have a paint configurator app. I always figured there was some program you all were using to do this. To hear that ya’ll are using MS Paint is bananas to me.
I agree, this can be done on the web as some do these days. There would still be caution that what's on your display may (and will not) be what the actual paint color looks like. Heck, take it to the next step, submit the color combination, pay a fee and have a plate sent with the color samples done together. This could be a nice business for someone that wanted to do it, i.e. 3rd party.

I use Adobe illustrator, the same as newmar

Latest resources

Back