RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 3407
TOW/TOAD
2022 Jeep Wrangler
Fulltimer
Yes
I have been researching the 2022 Newmar Canyon Star FRED 3513 and I am hoping I can get some owner reviews/opinions from anyone who has the 2021 model, or possibly a 2022 model. I would be doing an order on this unit and I'm going over all the options currently offered by Newmar.

I would like to ask first, how do you like the front engine diesel? Most specifically while driving down the road at typical cruising speeds. I can appreciate the diesel engine noise is probably noticeable when taking off from a stop, or under load while climbing a mountain pass, but from what I understand the engine quiets down after it warms up and it's not overly intrusive while cruising down the road.

I will no doubt have a lot of questions so I will start off with a few that are important to me in addition to the front engine diesel. If you are running solar, and have the upgraded Whirlpool refrigerator which comes with 2 additional batteries for a total of 6 house batteries I believe, how many solar panels and the wattage are you using? Also, which solar outfit you are using would be good information as well. I would be upgrading to the 2-15M Penguin heat pump air conditioners, Truma continuous hot water heater, the stacked washer and dryer and other options that I won't list currently. Any suggestions regarding options would be appreciated. I am also curious, as everyone is when special ordering a build to suit RV, what has been the discount off off the MSRP people have been getting and are there Newmar dealers that I should consider when getting price quotes?

I will leave it with these questions for now, although I'm sure I will additional questions, and I will look forward to any feedback/opinions. Thanks in advance...

We just bought a 2021 Newmar Canyon Star 3927. The FRED is great IMO, the diesel has nice power. It isn't a sports car but drives nice. What makes it really nice is the Freightliner chassis. With the Freightliner it drives so much better than a gas powered class A. It doesn't get blown around when passed by trucks on the highway, and no sway when going down the highway.

The air brakes and air suspension are really nice too.

It is plenty quiet when going down the highway. No louder than my Jeep Wrangler, actually it is quieter than my Jeep. It gets a little loud going up a steep hill, but it keeps chugging its way up the hills just fine.

Latest resources

Back