• Commercial/Vendors welcome

30W to 15W Adapter Tripping Breaker

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Bob's right......I failed to think along the lines of what else might be powered off your 15 amp breaker. In my case, it's a detached garage with a 50 amp service from the house. Only lights and outlets,and nothing else is turned on at the time.
In the trailer, is the water heater on electric? About 10 amps. Is the converter on and heavily charging the battery? About 3 to 5 amps. Refrigerator on electric? About 2.5 amps. Plus the nominal starting current of the AC at about 12 to 15 amps. A 15 amp breaker won't handle that load.

If you put something in, just go ahead and put in a 50 amp.

I put in a 30 and then traded. For something that took 50 amps. Like less than a year later.

If you put something in, just go ahead and put in a 50 amp.

I put in a 30 and then traded. For something that took 50 amps. Like less than a year later.

Good point. I might just get a full pedestal with 50, 30 and standard plugs like at campgrounds. Might as well have the extra power out there.

Good point. I might just get a full pedestal with 50, 30 and standard plugs like at campgrounds. Might as well have the extra power out there.
That’s what I am having installed.
A note on that…a few local electricians have had problems getting the boxes. I bought one on Amazon and am having the local electrician install.

That’s what I am having installed.
A note on that…a few local electricians have had problems getting the boxes. I bought one on Amazon and am having the local electrician install.

That’s what I was thinking of doing as well. I’m pondering a crushed gravel pad and a picnic table and fire ring. Might as well go all out for backyard camp outs with the kids. 😜

Latest resources

Back