• Commercial/Vendors welcome

3D Printing and RVing

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Have you seen this application for 3d printing?

Just had two cervical discs replaced with 3D printed interbodies as part of the cervical fusion. 3D printing is used in so many places these days.

Prusa released the next gen of the MK3 => MK4 is out. Who's getting???

Looks interesting...easier to use (if it works). Not sure it's worth giving up what I know works and how to use for some newer technology. I looked at used MK3s prices on Ebay...can still get decent $.

I'd try local with Craigslist first if you're trying to sell. Nothing wrong with having more than one printer, ummm, right? Already have two (first one is not a Prusa).

So the time has come that my 3 year paid Fusion 360 subscription came to an end. I paid $800 for it or something like that, now over $1300 for another 3 year - no thanks. And haven't been using it much lately but still want to continue with it. So I emailed them and sure enough the personal license applies but I was hesitant as I wasn't sure what I'd lose with the 10 item limit scenario. Well, I went ahead and got the Fusion 360 personal which is free for 3 years and it looks like it's a score, you simply can have 10 designs out of read-only mode at any given time. Well, I only tinker with one at a time so not an issue.

My first CNC'd part is coming next week. It was nearly the same to buy 10 vs. 1 and if it works out I may be able to sell off the extras to other pilots wanting to do the same thing I did for my plane for this light mount and cover my costs. Fun hobby, need to get back more into it. Love designing and creating.

So the time has come that my 3 year paid Fusion 360 subscription came to an end. I paid $800 for it or something like that, now over $1300 for another 3 year - no thanks. And haven't been using it much lately but still want to continue with it. So I emailed them and sure enough the personal license applies but I was hesitant as I wasn't sure what I'd lose with the 10 item limit scenario. Well, I went ahead and got the Fusion 360 personal which is free for 3 years and it looks like it's a score, you simply can have 10 designs out of read-only mode at any given time. Well, I only tinker with one at a time so not an issue.

My first CNC'd part is coming next week. It was nearly the same to buy 10 vs. 1 and if it works out I may be able to sell off the extras to other pilots wanting to do the same thing I did for my plane for this light mount and cover my costs. Fun hobby, need to get back more into it. Love designing and creating.
@Neal I've been using the personal license since they went that route (has it been 3 years already?). It has not been an issue for me.

I usually have 8-10 active at any time. When I need to create something new and am at the limit, I just make a couple of the actives that haven't been used in a while read-only. Can make them active again at any time. Also, now many of my files have multiple sketches and bodies.

Thanks. I have no problem paying for software I find useful and deserves my contribution. $800 for 3 years was fine for me with this software but $1300+ with my using it less these days was not. Good to know it's fine in the personal edition.

@Neal When it arrives, would like to see picture of the CNC'd part and approximate cost breakdown.

@Neal When it arrives, would like to see picture of the CNC'd part and approximate cost breakdown.
Will do, coming end of next week from China. I chose cheapest option listed for manufacturing (off shore). Export your model as a STEP file and then you can upload to this site and get quotes. I went with cheapest metal (aluminum) with black hard anodizing. I wanted chromoly but it was much more expensive. You will see an option for materials and explanations in the process of the automatic quoting system.

Still waiting on my order. It's stuck in customs in Hawaii after originating from china.

Latest resources

Back