RV Length
Chassis
freightliner
Engine
cat 330
TOW/TOAD
Fulltimer
No
So we have a 2004 journey and on our current trip, I have plugged our 50a cord into shore power and I get nothing but when I plug my 30a adapter in it works fine. What am I missing and or wtf is wrong

When you say 30 amp adapter, are you taking the “dog bone” 110 plug on on side and 30 amp on the other? If so as Kevin said check the pedestal 50 amp breaker, 110 is a separate breaker

When you say 30 amp adapter, are you taking the “dog bone” 110 plug on on side and 30 amp on the other? If so as Kevin said check the pedestal 50 amp breaker, 110 is a separate breaker
The breaker on the pedestal seems like it's okay, I did try to reset it and there was resistance. This is the second park that we have issues with so I was assuming it was me. Also my electric heater is not working correctly.

The breaker on the pedestal seems like it's okay, I did try to reset it and there was resistance. This is the second park that we have issues with so I was assuming it was me. Also my electric heater is not working correctly.
Resistance?

Did you switch it off before you switched it back on!

As Kevin asked did you switch it off and on? As a general rule you should always have it switched off prior to plugging the coach in then turn on, when leaving it should be switched off prior to unplugging

Do you have a cord real

I don't have a reel, and I normally don't shut the breaker off to plug in and have never had an issue before. I usually have all my load except for the water pump off when I plug in

I would check continuity of each leg of the cord using a multimeter at each prong and the associated screw where the line is attached to the rig. Also, check to be sure the attachment screw is real tight. In many cases they can loosen over time

I would check continuity of each leg of the cord using a multimeter at each prong and the associated screw where the line is attached to the rig. Also, check to be sure the attachment screw is real tight. In many cases they can loosen over time
He checked the cord as soon as he plugged in the dogbone and things worked!

Latest resources

Back