DSDP 4326
RV Length
Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
ISL 450
TOW/TOAD
2023 Winnebago ERA 70A or 2012 Ford Taurus
I’m soon going to be in a place where the only elec service is 30 amp.

On my old coach, I managed that manually, running only one A/C, etc.

With my Dutch Star’s EMS, do I need to do anything? Is it magic?

yes its magic - it will automatically load shed. I still prefer to manage mine manually but load shedding works. I just don’t like to push the issue.

Yes as said, it is automatic. But with that said I don't turn on the AC for the Oasis for hot water when using 30 amp, I use the diesel burner.

The load shed will turn off an AC unit if the Oasis calls for the AC hot water heater to turn on, at least in my coach it does.

As it turns out, at least in my recent experience, it’s not quite magic. I had some really weird crap happen that I still haven’t been able to sort out completely.

My AGS decided it needed to do its thing on day 3 of 4, I got all sorts of inverter/ags errors, and one my A/Cs thinks it 32 deg inside when in reality its closer to 90.

Oy.

Not magic at all.

We were plugged into 30 amp. AGS off. Running one AC. Amps were as expected at about 17 amps. My wife was cooking dinner and turned on the toaster oven. I looked and amps were up around 28 amps. She then loads a pot into the microwave and turns it on. I'm thinking this will be interesting as I had not gone here before.

I checked the inverter/charger and it indicated Inverting. The EMS swapped the additional AC load to the batteries and all was well. When the micro turned off, I check the inverter/charger and it indicated charging. No hiccups what so ever.:cool:

This is an all electric coach. Never been disappointed while dry camping without electric hook ups.

We have 30amp at our home driveway spot, 1 AC running and the TV is about all we need, just enough to pack or clean

We plug into a 30 amp here at home. Everything works so far. Ran the AC with some other things including the washer/dryer combo. No issues so far. But we’re never sure if both ACs come on together.

Here is some helpful 30 amp info that I shared 'on another site.'

Latest resources

Back