Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
S
SC,
Thank you for your post. It makes me feel better. I will try a 16-17 inch shallow plastic pail to collect the cable to keep any garbage contained? Will let everyone know how it goes.
Something like this, perhaps?

TJ

That’s a good candidate. I was thinking something with more vertical wall, but if is not available, this one will do.
Thanks TJ

The Fortex bucket looks plenty big enough to me if the 17 1/2" dia. works in the bay.

I will consider it. First I have to figure out and make a mount for the hardware.

Boys and Girls,
Today it was cooler, so I decided to remove the reel and cord for an autopsy. It took me an hour. Below is what I found. The bad parts you see are connected to the black wire.
How did I get ANY power on this leg, is beyond me. I just don't like the design at all. I may be wrong?
Tomorrow the new winder power head is arriving, and I will deal with it.
GD reel contacts.jpeg

What a great photo to show how this thing is built. Can't say I am a fan of this cord real either. Would rather have a bucket with no moving parts. Wonder how long it will take to get mine real back from Glenndinning. They should have recieved it yesterday.

Thanks for the picture.

Mine looked similar. The reason given is that it wore the material down from side to side movement and then created air gap allowing sparking and further detoriation. IMHO, this was/is a huge safety hazard

2019 DSDP 4369 * Active Air * NHSO

The bad part is that you can not check on it, and there is no maintenance you can perform. There is no easy way to get to it and there are no replaceable parts to buy if you get to the problem. I'm fortunate it happened at home, where I have the tools etc. and I'm not living aboard.

Why is this even needed. Can't the cord reel be hard wired to the cord and then a connection from the reel to the ATS? Imagine 4 lugs hanging off the back of the cord reel assembly and that's where another 50A wire goes between the reel and the ATS.

Why is this even needed. Can't the cord reel be hard wired to the cord and then a connection from the reel to the ATS? Imagine 4 lugs hanging off the back of the cord reel assembly and that's where another 50A wire goes between the reel and the ATS.
Neal, I don’t think so? But feel free to try. I can provide you with the reel?

Latest resources

Back