Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

JBFab

RVF Newbee
Good afternoon. I am new to hauling a fiver, but not new to hauling heavy loads behind my F350. We are negotiating on a Jayco Designer 35 RLTS, and I want to convert it to a gooseneck hitch since we have a horse trailer that we also use often and do not want to mess with switching hitches all the time. The Jayco we are looking at appears to have some sort of cushioned hitch. It appears to have bars running parallel to the tow vehicle that would provide some amount of cushion. My question is this: Can a simple converter be bolted to the bottom of this type of hitch, or would this cause a problem with the cushioning mechanism? The dealer doesn't seem to have a solid answer on this and I'd like to know before purchasing. The terms aren't very favorable, but if we can have all the answers we may go ahead with it anyway. Anyone here know the answer?

Sorry, just seeing this.

Most frame mfg's will void a frame warranty when you attach a converter because of the lever action.

Look into a Reese GooseBox it is approved by most mfg's and uses the ball in the bed. We had one on our 5w and really liked it.

Latest resources

Back