Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4326
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2020 Ford F-150
Fulltimer
Yes
Time for Magellan’s first checkup, 6-month/6k Service on the FL XCR.

I am currently in Daytona Beach but will be back in Orlando soon to have a warranty issue on the Jeep repaired. I gave Orlando Freightliner a call and they quoted me $650-$800 depending on fluids and other things.

Seems reasonable but I don’t know what I don’t know. Is that a reasonable cost? I’m going to call around to other FL shops and see where they land.

I know some of the folks here do their own service but that’s just not me. I’ve never been great with vehicles and still have nightmares from changing the brakes and rotors on my VW Jetta 7-8 years ago.

Anyway, is that an average cost? Low? High? Any recommendations for FL service providers in the central FL area?

Last edited:
I personally only do annuals at Gaffney, SC. I'm not sure where the 6 month service comes from, I may have missed it. I would also suggest joining the FL owners club (FCOC) to get discounts exceeding the membership.

The 6 month service is actually the first one. It’s the only service that isn’t annual. I was planning to do annuals at Gaffney.

Joining FCOC is a good idea. Will do.

John, my first annual PM was $740 (engine, chassis, generator) at a FL service center in central Illinois. The next year the same annual PM was $720 at the same shop. I'll be having it done soon again at the same place but anticipate a bill of around $900 this time around because I'm sure my air filter will need changing.

I'm guessing your quote would be considered a pretty fair price.

John, my first annual PM was $740 (engine, chassis, generator) at a FL service center in central Illinois. The next year the same annual PM was $720 at the same shop. I'll be having it done soon again at the same place but anticipate a bill of around $900 this time around because I'm sure my air filter will need changing.

I'm guessing your quote would be considered a pretty fair price.
Thanks @FL-JOE. Price seemed reasonable to me as well. Just wanted to see if others were seeing something much higher (what am I missing) or much lower (am I being taken advantage of).

Sounds par for the course which is good to hear.

The 6 month service is actually the first one.

Keep in mind that according to FL their timeline is from the chassis build date NOT your in-service date. I bet you're well past 6 months already and probably closer to an annual. Mine was confusing as my chassis was built in Dec 2016, sent to Newmar Apr 2017 for my June 2017 FPU. FL wanted annuals off of Dec 2016. Moral is, the dates are weird, in the end YOU pick and do the services per your desires. I split the difference and chose April as my annuals, now it's rolled to May due to the pandemic and works better for me anyways.

I took my coach to Orlando FL for the 25K mile service, and was very disappointed with their service. From now on, I go to Gaffney.

@Neal how did you find your build dates? Did you just call FL?

@Buly what did the disappointment stem from if you don’t mind sharing?

@MapNerd I learned of this when I did Camp Freightliner (class) via a printout in my packet. You could call them and get the info, not sure if it's on the Daimler web site. I think this may be the site:

Wow, $650-$800 is a very good price. I paid $1596 :cry: for the 6 month/6 K service at Empire Truck Sales in Slidell, Louisiana.
For the 1 year/15 K I went to Gaffney and I am now planning to do the annuals in Gaffney.

Latest resources

Back