• Commercial/Vendors welcome

6 month/6k service cost

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
@Neal how did you find your build dates? Did you just call FL?

@Buly what did the disappointment stem from if you don’t mind sharing?
Hi John,
I waited for 3 months to get in: No problem
1. Brought them the check list of items from Cummins/FL manual to be serviced. Service guy told me they don't need it, since they know what to do.
2. Told them the oil, oil filter and fuel filter were just changed by me and no need to do it. The guy told me, it does not matter. They will do it again.
3. We waited for 8 hrs , until it was dark, and they called me in. The cashier handed me the invoice that listed hrs of labor and parts and materials and nothing else = $1900+.
No explanation of any kind what was done. I paid, he handed me the keys and said " go back in the (unlighted) gravel parking lot and look for your coach. Have a good night".
4. There were oily shoe stains on the rugs.
5.I took the invoice to Gaffney while attending the class for Camp Freightliner, and asked the instructor Mike to look at it. He shook his head and said, they overcharged me by $500 for the service
Another class mate had his exact coach done at Gaffney (same 25K service), and showed me the same check list I tried to give the Orlando guys. Every item on the list was checked and initialed by the person that did it. That's what I expected in Orlando, but was ignored.
That's my story.

Last edited:
If you go to a FL service center you should expect several things IMHO. First of all, the general price should be known up front. Many FL service centers have a little cheaper labor rate for PM work as compared to engine/chassis repair labor rates.

Also, the tech either in charge of your service, or performing your service should have all the required training certifications from FL and many times Cummins. They should be going by a PM schedule sheet that is several pages long. The process should take one or two techs at least 3 hours to complete and that is if they really know what they are doing and do motorhomes all the time.

Thanks @Buly. That sounds pretty lackluster. I called Gaffney but got sent to their service depts voicemail. Will try again tomorrow but either way, I’m not hopeful that I’ll be able to get an appointment within the next month or so.

At Gaffney now. Lots of Newmars here.

I told Nicole to call Mapnerd...she looked at me funny!

Called Gaffney and they said we’re not busy and haven’t been too busy for a while. Come on in on standby and we’ll get you in, so we’re headed there in a couple weeks

Latest resources

Back