• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question A better ride

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I put the EVO's on the front and the FSD's on both rear axles. I find my 2019 DS is much more top heavy than my 2014 DS. I found the FSD's on the rear helped with some of the lean. JMO

We are on our way to have the coach weighed this week (4 corner) thru SmartWeigh. Still don’t have a lot of miles on the new coach but not impressed with the ride so far. After getting weighed and correct tire pressure think we are going to put Koni’s on the front later this month. Hope this improves the ride.

We are on our way to have the coach weighed this week (4 corner) thru SmartWeigh. Still don’t have a lot of miles on the new coach but not impressed with the ride so far. After getting weighed and correct tire pressure think we are going to put Koni’s on the front later this month. Hope this improves the ride.

Shouldn't you engage with Spartan first and have them correct this at their expense?

Shouldn't you engage with Spartan first and have them correct this at their expense?

I know the Koni’s improved the ride on the Freightliner chassis and am willing to put on the Spartan chassis. When we go to Spartan mid September I will have more miles under my belt and if I don’t feel the ride is satisfactory I will voice my displeasure.

My FL "go to person" said Koni's and motion control units were also suggested. First I have ever heard of motion control units. Doing some research, the MCU seems to be more for lean and porpoising etc instead of a smoother ride.

After having the coach weighed and correctly setting tire pressure I felt ride was slightly better as I reduced tire pressure in the front by 10psi. I had the Koni EVOs installed and am pleased as the front end harshness is significantly better. I believe it was definitely worth the price.

Anyone want “slightly” used Bilstein shocks?

@NWIP did you replace all or just front.

Just the front which is the same that I did on our 2017.

Alright folks the final posting on this topic hopefully for a while. I had my coach up at FL Sacramento for its annual service. While there, I decided to bite the bullet
and I had them put the Koni shocks on the front. WOW. What a difference that made. It’s not perfect but it is a LOT better. Even on a choppy road, it absorbs that rough road by more than 1/2 I would guess. The true test will be when I get the DW in it and see what she thinks. I think she will be pleased. I still have some rattles to find and adjust those blinds but at least we aren’t riding in an old dump truck anymore.
Thanks to many here on the forum for their advice on this. YOU made a difference.

Latest resources

Back