• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question A better ride

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Possible difference in ride could be if the coach is equipped with I-Beam front axle vs. Independent front suspension?
You make a very good point! Our 2018 MADP sits on a Spartan K3/500 chassis with IFS; our 2014 VTLE was on a Freightliner XC chassis with I-beam front axle. That could certainly account for a lot of the difference we have observed.

TJ

Last edited:
I believe IFS doors significantly help. I put the Koni EVO shocks on our 2017 DS and it also helped taking some of the harshness out. Our 2020 Spartan DS has small looking shocks and plan on changing them out. Road conditions are something you can’t change and when driving in Alaska I learned that speed does help, we would slow to 25mph on some rough sections.

As others have said tire pressure is critical in achieving the best ride. Unfortunately some of the rough ride has to be endured, part of the adventure.

@sheridany I really apologize, if you were trying to justify to chief of finance your need for a MADP or better I'd be happy to delete my post. This may be your chance. You should capitalize now! ???

@Neal Your posts are very valuable. Now I have figure out how to respond when she says why does this coach I am in look different and ride different... :confused:

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury......

@Neal Your posts are very valuable. Now I have figure out how to respond when she says why does this coach I am in look different and ride different... :confused:

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury......
Air ride passenger seat might be cheaper...

Many use the tire pressure listed on the sticker by the driver's seat. That's the MAX pressure for the wheels / tires. Mine is listed as 130 psi. After checking the 4 corner weights against the Michelin chart, my tire pressures now are set to 110psi Front and 82-85 rears. It makes big difference in the ride.

@sheridany what tire pressures are you running?

I am running 95 in the front and 85 in the rears.

Our Spartan Ventana doesn't have Independent Front Suspension, ride seems great, but only comparison was 40' Canyon Star which I though rode ok.

Latest resources

Back