Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

FYI A look at Newmar's price changes between 2019 and 2023 (MSRP)

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
While I typically buy NEW I would look hard at the used (gently used) market if I was buying (I'm not). I am seeing a flooding of late model Newmar's being listed, not sure why but I have my hunches. I think the deals are going to be big in the pre-owned market.
So I had a 2018 DS 4369 and now purchased a 2023 DS 4369 for about $150,000 (before taxes) more than the 2018
5 model years and the 2023 has quite a few upgrades over my 2018 that make the difference in price a little more palatable.
2023 has the following upgrades over the 2018:
Digital Dash
Steering wheel controls
Traction control
larger camera and radio displays
Slide trays in two more compartments
Larger two zone outside freezer
Large kitchen window
Power day night shades
Heated seats
Wood window valences
Power opening drivers window
Large tablet display wall mounted that controls pretty much everything and has a bluetooth app for smart phone/tablet
Tire pressure monitoring system
2 more years of basic chassis warranty
Air Force one type motorhome side braking system
LED tail lights
Upgraded headlights
Larger tv’s
Mobileye system
Auto high beam lights
I’m sure there’s some I’m missing but the above has a substantial value
A very conservative 3% inflation per model Year is equal to $70, 000 of the cost increase

Don’t get me wrong I hemmed and hawed over the price increase and agree the costs are ridiculous, I’m just saying that even in 2018 they were ridiculous
Just some food for thought

Neil, this is a subject fresh in my mind, there are quite a few 2020-2022 out there, the problem is people are trying to get more than the paid new (still living in the Covid Bubble). Most no longer have Newmar warranty left on them. For me there just wasn’t enough savings to entice me for a used one. I’m sure if you look long enough and are willing to travel all over the US there is a deal out there.
I have to wonder where the price ceiling is, will we see a million dollar Dutch Star in the near future?
I'm not looking, I'm very pleased with my 2017 Ventana and it gets me everywhere I want to go. I think the Newmar gang, maybe others, get in this constant upgrade dream and don't keep their coaches very long for various reasons (warranty, depreciation on business use, maintenance costs, etc.). I keep my cars typically 15 years, why not keep my RV that long too? Based on the prices now I would be hard pressed to get something new but what would drive that likely would be going full time so a desire for more storage. My coach has a lot of storage, in fact I'd probably remove the Dometic cooler as that is a huge storage bay for Ventana owners that I sacrificed for drink storage.

Back to topic, it's just baffling to me seeing the late model coaches going on the market. I know of several Newmar's that came off the line that the dealer should have rejected and returned them to Newmar but I realize if they do that then they don't make money. Not a great situation.

Based on NEW pricing I think people should adjust USED pricing accordingly and ask for more. The whole ladder seems to need to raise in parallel used prices based on current NEW prices? I don't know. I'll cross that bridge when the time comes but for now I'm ready to answer those 10 year rule picture requests :)

Neal, timely topic for myself..we have a 2022 Baystar 3014 with Liquid Spring we have decided to sell, we have bought a winter home in southeast Florida on this trip, we may in the future look to buy a most likely a used Newmar diesel pusher...I am doing my research now on what to set as a price for my Baystar...and so far I am seeing used 2022 models listed higher than what I paid for new. Of course I know that this is list price and there would be a discount...but it is encouraging that I may not take such a hit on the sale of the Baystar, but yeah I know I will pay more for the diesel pusher...

!
Neal, timely topic for myself..we have a 2022 Baystar 3014 with Liquid Spring we have decided to sell, we have bought a winter home in southeast Florida on this trip, we may in the future look to buy a most likely a used Newmar diesel pusher...I am doing my research now on what to set as a price for my Baystar...and so far I am seeing used 2022 models listed higher than what I paid for new. Of course I know that this is list price and there would be a discount...but it is encouraging that I may not take such a hit on the sale of the Baystar, but yeah I know I will pay more for the diesel pusher...
I believe that sooner than later to list and sell is key. Best of luck, we did the same, sold and purchased a vacation hose now we are back………RVing is an addiction 😉

Latest resources

Back