Chassis
Prevost
Engine
Volvo D13
TOW/TOAD
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
Sunday I was just on the outskirts of Eugene, OR traveling in the right lane on Interstate 5. I saw a vehicle moving onto the on ramp and they were moving fairly quickly so I slowed down to allow them to merge and proceed ahead of me. Once they were in front they decided to brake almost stopping with nothing in front of them and it took every bit of effort to stop to avoid hitting them. They then took off. I was very shocked by the close call and I pulled over as did others. Everyone who saw the incident said it was intentional so that I would hit them so they could pursue damages and file an injury claim. I regret I didn’t have a dash cam for this trip as it’s in the toad that went home with the DW. I never imagined anything like this but it makes some sense. Big shiny motorhome going down the road spells big bucks. Insurance fraud is real. Be careful out there and use a dashcam every time.

Wow, sorry to hear that. And yes, if you don't have a dash cam (you being anyone reading this) then you are setting yourself up for trouble. Get one NOW! I have a 1 channel Blackvue in my RV and a 2 channel in my toad. They are invaluable these days and your defense lawyer all in one.

1-channel (front view only)

2-channel (for toad so you have front and rear cameras)

256 GB microSD card:

Also, there was once a discussion (on another forum) where I brought up people not knowing how to merge onto highways (freeways for lefties). While common sense applies there was also discussion on who's responsibility it is and also that there are laws, supposedly, such as highway traffic is not supposed to slow down as it can cause a conflict for merging traffic. Repeat: common sense applies, but sometimes you have to be a bleep and not be nice and maintain speed and let the oncoming traffic manage their merge.

Exactly. Merging traffic does not have the right of way onto the highway. It is up to them to match their speed to that of traffic when merging. The idea is to keep traffic moving and to prevent an accident with multiple vehicles who suddenly have to stop to let merging traffic in. We can't make the world idiot proof no matter how hard we try.

Wow, sorry to hear that. And yes, if you don't have a dash cam (you being anyone reading this) then you are setting yourself up for trouble. Get one NOW! I have a 1 channel Blackvue in my RV and a 2 channel in my toad. They are invaluable these days and your defense lawyer all in one.

256 GB microSD card:

We went with this..
and it works well to continuously loop 10 min of video to keep an eye on my coach.
The lens and suction cup are not vertical flush. It does tilt down and point forward to watch the front end of the coach to down the road. I have not had issues with aiming where I wanted to point the unit.

We had a Newmar build a custom 12V placed in the center of the dash next to the front window for this reason, and it's direct tie to the chasse battery. It's always powered, so we can keep it running when parked/camping to watch people coming to our coach from the front.

Whichever you choose I highly recommend a 4K camera. Why? So you can have the quality to actually read a license plate when zoomed in. Ever notice local news crime footage from break-ins and wonder why the resolution is so poor? Doesn't help to attempt to record something you need for evidence and the quality sucks. Pay a little more and ensure 4K and a large enough storage card to capture the footage.

256 GB microSD card:

How long on the 1 channel does it take to eat up the 256gb SD card?

How long on the 1 channel does it take to eat up the 256gb SD card?
I don't know but it deletes old files as new ones are created if insufficient space. Blackvue's site may have that info.

What kind of idiot comes up with a plan to jump in front of 25 tons of rolling steel and slam on their breaks? Alcohol just had to be involved.

I'd say just more of what is taking place in this country. It is so sad to see the demoralization of society as it is today.

Latest resources

Back