Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

mike n sue

RVF Regular
Susan and I purchased a 2002 31 coachman leprechaun. It is perfect completely refurbished by the previous owner. We had our 1st short trip and 3 night stay and it was great. Susan likes to sleep in and I am up early. So, I am going to add a sliding door the the master which will close and allow me to use the bathroom and shower giving Susan some noise insulation.
My question is can I fasten the wood backing that the sliding door track will fasten to to the ceiling? and also to the very top of the wall on each side of the door. If I can, then I can add a valiance to each side to hide the track and rollers.

If you have a vent in the bedroom you can pull the four screws and see exactly how your ceiling is constructed. The walls are harder to say since we have no idea if your trailer is contructed with wood or aluminum.

What kind of rig? I like curtains more than doors. The door will be hollow working as an amp for any noise. Will slide from side to side when on the road if not well secured.

For your question the track will mount well to the walls. If you mount to the ceiling anchors work if you don't have a rafter in the proper place. You could use a stud finder to find a stud.

Class c, queen bed in back. I will build the door with 1/4" ply and 1X trim and stiffeners, I have built several custom doors and they have come out really well. I thought about a curtain or accordion door. Susan wants a wood slider.....Susan gets what ever she wants :) . I will try the stud finder and see what I come up with, thanks for the idea on that. here is a picture of a custom door I built for a under stair closet in our home

Attachments

• IMG_2783[1].JPG
    IMG_2783[1].JPG
    988.4 KB · Views: 9

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back