Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Adding air bags for increased ground clearance on small super C?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Dricamper

RVF Regular
RV Year
RV Make
Entegra
RV Model
Accolade 32U
Chassis
F550
Engine
Diesel
Fulltimer
No
I have been towing a 39’ two axle fifth wheel toy hauler behind a Ram 2500. We decided to purchase a Entregra Accolade XT32U which is on a 4wd f550 chassis. A poor man’s earth roomer some would say.
My wife, myself and several grandkids 9-14 are involved in a form of motorcycle riding/competion called observed trials or moto trials.
We have good success with the fifth wheel set up on dirt roads in the forest and desert. Our new set up will include towing a enclosed trailer possibly 6-7000 pounds the bikes only weigh 160 pounds each, the trailer will also be set up to sleep the kids in reasonable comfort with bunks, toilet, possibly heat and air. So that’s the background.
This particular model we are buying doesn’t have as much behind the axle as many C and super C, however my concern is on a rough dirt road my back wheels will go into a pothole or dip and then drastically reduce the clearance at the back end and or bottom out.
My question is, if I install air bags can I raise up the back end to compensate? I take delivery next Saturday, the following weekend will be our first camping trip for a trials event at a OHV park/campground. Pretty well graded at this place, however a few locations not so much. Thanks in advance.

Latest resources

Back