Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Which wheel delivers power to the ground on a Freightliner chassis?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
get something hard (firewood for instance) under and in front of it before trying to drive out
Be very careful doing that.

Had a neighbor that had two class a’s they rented out. One was stuck in a field after a heavy rain.

They put boards under the spinning wheel, tried again, and shot it under and up into the compartments.

Whole lot of damage resulted from that.

Be very careful doing that.

Had a neighbor that had two class a’s they rented out. One was stuck in a field after a heavy rain.

They put boards under the spinning wheel, tried again, and shot it under and up into the compartments.

Whole lot of damage resulted from that.
Definitely. I used firewood to build a little road in front of the offending tire by digging out a strip of soil first and laying the pieces perpendicularly to the direction of travel, interlocking them so they’d be less likely to move, etc etc. But the most important consideration is to not get yourself into those situations. From that moment on I decided to reject any site that seemed the slightest bit iffy regardless of plans, time of day, availability of other sites, assurances by park staff or whatever. Its just not worth the risk. I’d rather overnight at a Walmart. There are always other options.

My experience was no power at all to driver side rears on dry pavement once patio side rears began to spin in 10 inch deep mud and soft grass. FL chassis. Had to get an assist from a very game pickup truck owner who I am sure is still bragging to his buddies about pulling me out with his Dodge Ram 2500. I now carry a tow strap and shackles rated for the 38K gross weight I am at. Sigh, another embarrassing lesson learned!

My experience was no power at all to driver side rears on dry pavement once patio side rears began to spin in 10 inch deep mud and soft grass. FL chassis. Had to get an assist from a very game pickup truck owner who I am sure is still bragging to his buddies about pulling me out with his Dodge Ram 2500. I now carry a tow strap and shackles rated for the 38K gross weight I am at. Sigh, another embarrassing lesson learned!
Everyone talks about their Jeep toad! Well here is a story for you. Was on the beach of Padres Island some years ago. Our gasser pulled a pt cruiser. The RV behind us, a pusher had the almost typical JEEP. Well his hyway tread was useless on the sand so the wheels just started spinning.

I went over to see if I could help. We were considering his jeep for the job, and as I started getting my tow strap out, I looked, and low and behold, I noticed a winch on the front of his toad.

Well the plan changed as soon as I saw he had a tow truck as his toad. A couple of wheel chocks in front of the wheels, and out he came, he had everything he needed with him.

Moral of the story is a winch is a great piece of equipment for your 4x4 toad!!!

Latest resources

Back