Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star 4328 - FL Chassis
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
Yes
The window on our emergency door in the full bath failed. The adhesive that holds the bracket to the window and opens and closes the window failed. The Newmar Tech and the Parts Dept Rep I spoke to didn't know. Lippert makes the window and suggested I call them.
I'm thinking I should try to clean and use an adhesive of some sort to try to reattach the bracket to the window. Does anyone know the adhesive to use?

Maybe to help others, Lippert's phone number is 432-547-7378 and the size of the window is 16.125" x 24"

I spoke to a Lippert Tech who reported that the adhesive they use along with the process of attaching is proprietary. Even if he could tell me, the adhesive wouldn't work because they use heat and humidity controls along with it and wouldn't work for me anyway.
The model # for the window is V000486513

On my 2020 Coach I had several windows fall into the adhesive recall, but couldn't be replaced due to supplies and timing in getting into the shop. I used several strips of Alien tape after carefully cleaning off all residue I could reach and so far it has held up.

Your 2020 I would think would fall into the same recall.

Mine failed within the first month replaced under warranty. Had 3 others replaced under recall in Sep 2021

On my 2020 Coach I had several windows fall into the adhesive recall, but couldn't be replaced due to supplies and timing in getting into the shop. I used several strips of Alien tape after carefully cleaning off all residue I could reach and so far it has held up.
Thanks for the responses!
Scott, what did you use to clean up the residue? I'm thinking of using Naptha followed by 3M 08609 Window-Weld Super Fast Urethane.

JRS....Honestly I dont recall, what I used, it would have been whatever I was carrying so probably goop off to get the adhesive residue off and rubbing alcohol to clear off any residue from the goop off. Your method sounds more appropriate if you have it available.

Lippert will replace the window - this is a known Lippert factory defect that affects all the "split" windows. They came around at the international and replaced ours without even asking.

The lower part of the window can be swapped out in 15 min after drilling the rivets out of the frame as I recall. I watched the 2 Lippert technicians do it on ours. (also 2020).

Call Lippert and demand support. We had the lower passenger window break at 65 mph, swing up, smash the upper window and then the lower part fell off the coach - damaged paint (nobody has helped with that). Fortunately there was no car in the right lane or it would have been a lawsuit.

(the glue they use is a 2 part epoxy and requires special equipment to mix. I did research that at one point)

Best to try Lippert first. But if you decide to repair it yourself the proper adhesive is this: https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/p/d/b40066536/
It's supposed to take a proprietary application gun but there are numerous folks on Youtube and such that show how to use a cheapo dollar store caulking gun. For maximum adhesion to the glass (the original problem) you want to etch the area where the glue will go. Most people do this with sandpaper. Be very careful with any power sander, a little too much heat in one spot or too much pressure and the glass disintegrates.

The 3M Windo-weld will NOT hold long term for this purpose.

I am not an authority on Lippert stuff. However I know a bit about cars and the door glasses in every single Mustang made in 1969 have been coming unglued from their brackets for some 55 years now. Been practicing on those a few years.

Latest resources

Back