DSDP 4326
RV Length
Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
ISL 450
TOW/TOAD
2023 Winnebago ERA 70A or 2012 Ford Taurus
Gaffney did not have my air filter in stock when I had my coach serviced there recently. They gave me a part number, FAR 062891 001.

As I recall from previous discussions, there are different filters to fit this application, some of which have a metal mesh to prevent pieces of the filter element from entering the engine intake in the event of element failure.

Does anyone know which manuf makes the one I’m referring to? I have no clue if the OEM version has that or not.

That filter looks exactly like the one I just changed in my 2007 model isl 400, although I'm sure the dimensions are a little different.
I think the older ones were manufactured without mesh and all the new ones have mesh. Mine does.
I was told that all the ecolite type can filters are made by Farr, which is a division of/bought out by Parker/Racor, and the other companies selling the filters are simply rebranding them after they buy them from Farr.

When shopping for an air filter for mine (also Ecolite by Racor if memory serves) the closest Freightliner shop had it for around $120 and Napa (60 miles closer) wanted around $200 for the same thing. So I waited until I was passing through Sacramento. Pays to shop around. Also I removed mine and looked at the PN to get the exact OE filter replacement.

Mine also has the inside metal mesh - mandatory IMHO. Curious why you are replacing yours on a 2021. I replaced mine because I knew it was at least 2 years old since thats how long I’d owned it, but the filter-minder was still in the green (around 15-18 IIRC) and the old one looked like it had plenty of life left in it.

From Freightliner:

09–01
Air Cleaner Inspection and Replacement
NOTICE
Do not use aftermarket air-cleaner elements. Aftermarket air-cleaner elements may not seal the housing correctly, which can lead to engine damage and potentially the loss of warranty. When replacing an air-cleaner element, use only the part listed in PartsPro for the serial number of the vehicle.
IMPORTANT: When first purchased, if the Recreational Vehicle is older than the current model year, replace the air filter.
Due to the variety of possible driving conditions (dirt roads, paved roads, etc.), it is critical to check the air restriction indicator, if so equipped. If the vehicle is not equipped with an air restriction indicator, inspect all components of the air intake system and air filter every 12 months. Replace the air filter every 24 months, or when filter restriction equals or exceeds the maximum allowable restriction. More frequent inspections and/or filter replacement may be needed if your vehicle is being operated in a dusty environment, to avoid damaging the vehicle.

Last edited:
@Rich W., my chassis was built in ‘20, so the filter element is already two years old, theoretically.

A little hint when shopping NAPA. Say your have a AITA Fleet Acct #31999. Will save you 20% to 40% on Filters.
Good discount on most other parts also.
That NAPA Gold goes from $335.99 to $210.43.

Also keep in mind, since December we have had about a 35% increase in cost on nearly all lines of parts.

Latest resources

Back