• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Alert Air Quality in a Motorhome

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I use the air oasis in the motorhome and it’s on the counter left of the televator. Very quiet. I probably should have a second one in the back but don’t know where I’d put it and not sure it’s needed. The single unit may be sufficient.

The one I have is a couple three years old by Holmes with cleanable filter. I keep the windows open most of the time so don't use it all the time. However as of late I have a neighbor that has been burning his trash in the fire and so close up the rig and turn it on. Does wonders with smoke. I recommend any HEPA filter.
If I had a neighbor burning trash next to me, they would quickly be a former neighbor...one way of another.

TJ

@TJ&LadyDi I am very settled in here and have a great view where no one can park closer than a football field from me. NO! I will not give it up. However I may complain to the ranger, there are trash bins here, just haven't decided what avenue to take.

I would look into maybe installing some type of charcoal intake and / or exhaust filter in the system. Another filter you might look at is a filter used in a paint booth. They have sticky
substance on them to trap particles. Just my thoughts.

My mother needed a HEPA filtration/air purifier as she has allergies so I found this one for her, top rated on Amazon. I liked it so much I got myself one for my bedroom in my house. I leave the Air Oasis I got a few months ago in the RV. Been using this two days now and I'm very pleased with it and it's very quiet. I think this would be idea for a RV as well as it's the right size for typical living space inside a RV.

Amazon.com: LEVOIT Air Purifier for Home Allergies and Pets Hair Smokers in Bedroom, H13 True HEPA Filter, 24db Filtration System Cleaner Odor Eliminators, Remove 99.97% Dust Smoke Mold Pollen, Core 300, White : Home & Kitchen

air-purifier-png.2278

Edit: Appears to be the same one @sheridany recommended in post #4 :)

About a year ago, and after reading the reviews, I bought one of these. It ran in my RV for days at a time and I never noticed any difference. Always wondered what the big deal was as mine didn't do much. So it got tossed into the closet (in the RV) where it stayed until today when we were cleaning the RV out.

I sat it on the counter, turned it on and noticed that very little air was coming out. Again I wondered why everyone was giving this thing such good reviews. So I thought to myself, maybe it pulled so much dog hair out of the air that it's clogged and needs to be cleaned. So I pulled the bottom off and pulled out the filter. lol, it was sealed in a plastic wrapper. Who knew? So I took the filter out of the plastic bag, reinstalled it, and turned on the filter.

Well heck yes! It's kicking now!

I really worry about myself sometimes.

About a year ago, and after reading the reviews, I bought one of these. It ran in my RV for days at a time and I never noticed any difference. Always wondered what the big deal was as mine didn't do much. So it got tossed into the closet (in the RV) where it stayed until today when we were cleaning the RV out.

I sat it on the counter, turned it on and noticed that very little air was coming out. Again I wondered why everyone was giving this thing such good reviews. So I thought to myself, maybe it pulled so much dog hair out of the air that it's clogged and needs to be cleaned. So I pulled the bottom off and pulled out the filter. lol, it was sealed in a plastic wrapper. Who knew? So I took the filter out of the plastic bag, reinstalled it, and turned on the filter.

Well heck yes! It's kicking now!

I really worry about myself sometimes.
Stuff like this must be a “Jim thing!” While I did unwrap the filter on my air filter before using it, this ”Jim” got a chuckle out of a very familiar scenario to me. ;)

TJ

I bought a different one for the MH. Did not really see any benefit. In my MH, either the A/C is on or the windows are open, so it is difficult even to keep the peppermint oil scent strong in there.

Even at home A/C in summer or windows open somewhere for fresh air, even in winter.

Air Oasis has a 20% OFF sale going on right now. I just bought one for my bedroom in my house (S&B). Coupon code CLEAN20. I use the small one in my coach (really should have two) and the medium is coming for my house bedroom.

Latest resources

Back