• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Alaska 2022

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Can’t tell by the pictures, are you running with a rear mud flap? What about a protector for the toad? Any concern about damage?

Can’t tell by the pictures, are you running with a rear mud flap? What about a protector for the toad? Any concern about damage?
Removed the Newmar billboard and left in Florida. We have Roadmaster tow bar and use the defender which stretches between coach and the car. We did the same in 2019 and faired well.

Watson Lake-Whitehorse (270 mi)
View attachment 12757

Hi Country RV Park
No Satellite
Cable 8 stations
Park WiFi poor
T-Mobile No
AT&T fair 2 bars

Interior roads are tight for big rigs, lots of trees but doable.

View attachment 12759

We ran into more construction with gravel road for a good bit. Crossed the Nisutlin Bay Bridge which is longest bridge on Alaska Hwy @ just under 2000 ft in Teslin, YT. We bought fuel just before Watson Lake and highest so far at $7.00 gallon. Wildlife was a little sparse but did see a Red Fox, sorry no picture. Our coach on the Highway taken by our travel partners.

View attachment 12760View attachment 12761View attachment 12762
Heading to Muncho Lake & the Hot Springs today…. Thanks for the info 👋.

Sorry to hear, sounds like a story for Homer over some cocktails.
We have crossed the border three times in a coach,and it has always been a worry, but have not been searched. Do you perceive it a purely random thing? I think it might be🤨 Any thoughts on avoiding the search? We always have all our people and dog papers ready, and our bear spray to show them because they always ask. They also can see we are registered gun owners, and we assure them it is at home, but it is a bit of a stressful situation. Did they confiscate any of your frozen food? So sorry it happened. Judy D

We have crossed the border three times in a coach,and it has always been a worry, but have not been searched. Do you perceive it a purely random thing? I think it might be🤨 Any thoughts on avoiding the search? We always have all our people and dog papers ready, and our bear spray to show them because they always ask. They also can see we are registered gun owners, and we assure them it is at home, but it is a bit of a stressful situation. Did they confiscate any of your frozen food? So sorry it happened. Judy D
You can have a rifle with you if you fill out the paperwork and pay a few bucks.

You can have a rifle with you if you fill out the paperwork and pay a few bucks.
or a shotgun. I did it about 10 years ago and it probably delayed me about 45 minites. Maybe it’s better to bring a gun and declare it rather than have them search for hours for one that isnt there.

or a shotgun. I did it about 10 years ago and it probably delayed me about 45 minites. Maybe it’s better to bring a gun and declare it rather than have them search for hours for one that isnt there.
That’s why we carry bear spray and always tell them we have it.

In 2019 I brought a shotgun, was delayed about 1.5 hrs. They searched everywhere and found a holster to a handgun I shipped to Alaska which I had to show them the paperwork to prove it. This trip I left everything in MT and went right thru 😳

I did the paperwork online and paid. All I had to do was show them the printout and dog certs. and off we went.

Whitehorse-Carmacks (110 miles)

Carmacks RV Park & Motel
Full hookups 30a
AT&T-fair 2 bars
Verizon-NA
T-Mobile-nothing

5DB33B90-2324-4B37-83A7-FDD3A39757C2.jpeg

Back in the day there was stagecoach service from Whitehorse to Dawson city with 52 stops at roadhouses along the way.

250161E6-E1A6-4564-9960-593E8CCFA499.jpeg

535C8805-41B9-4FB6-BD2F-961BE7E528BB.jpeg

Latest resources

Back