• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Allegro brake fluid reservoir?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
The two sets of dualies on the rear axle each have a thin metal tube that meet in a chassis beam and I lose clear view from there.

The two wheels on the front axle each have a flexible hose (not the same thin metal tubes) that join up at a chassis beam, and again I lose clear view from that point.

However, I speculate that perhaps this may be the master cylinder. Photos attached. Does that look accurate?

It is located closest to the front wheel on the driver's side and it has a reservoir. I've been unable to precisely confirm that its thicker hoses in fact connect to the wheel hoses/tubes, so I'm speculating.

Attachments

• 1980-Allegro-Tiffin-master-cylinder.jpg
    1980-Allegro-Tiffin-master-cylinder.jpg
    760.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 1980-Allegro-Tiffin-master-cylinder-underside.jpg
    1980-Allegro-Tiffin-master-cylinder-underside.jpg
    651.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 1980-Allegro-Tiffin-brake-fluid-reservoir.jpg
    1980-Allegro-Tiffin-brake-fluid-reservoir.jpg
    573.2 KB · Views: 9
That is it

Cracking that sucker open was tough.

An even bigger challenge was snapping it back shut.

(Note for posterity: use something metal as leverage to dislodge the clamps and re-place them. A flat screwdriver should work very well, but as I did't have one I clumsily fumbled around with a hammer claw instead until luck fell my way.)

now, the $10,000 question is,,,where is that fluid going. This is a diesel. I am assuming that, like Rich said, your brake system has a hydraulic brake booster. The good of that is your leak cannot be being sucked away in a vacuum booster. Start looking at the bottom inside of all wheels. That fluid has to start showing up.

Latest resources

Back