Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Am I crazy, or is this not 5/8" plywood flooring?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
The standard thicknesses for plywood are 1 ¼, 1 1/8, ¾, 5/8, ½, 3/8, ¼, and 1/8 inches. The corresponding actual thicknesses are 1 ¼, 1 1/8, 23/32, 19/32, 15/32, 11/32, 1/4, and ⅛, respectively.

The standard thicknesses for plywood are 1 ¼, 1 1/8, ¾, 5/8, ½, 3/8, ¼, and 1/8 inches. The corresponding actual thicknesses are 1 ¼, 1 1/8, 23/32, 19/32, 15/32, 11/32, 1/4, and ⅛, respectively.
So the short answer is yes, I was duped. It's not 5/8 inch thick plywood :(

Is the 5/8" issue publicized in the documentation or something a salesperson said? If it is what the salesperson said, that is as reliable as a hole in the bottom of a coffee cup. Won't hold coffee or water.

Sorry if I offend any salesperson here in the group. Just having to lump it all into one pot. I'm sure there are some knowledgeable and reliable salespersons. Hooray for you. But then I regress...........

Let's look at this a different way!
You like the rig?
You know the floor gives.
You investigate for an over abundance of caution.
A little investigation shows the frame work is less than desirable, but you now know that the builder used 7 ply plywood for the floor. You are elated to find they didn't use the cheapest stuff on the market. They aimed to offer something light enough that you don't need a troop carrier to move, by simply installing less wood of a higher quality.

You rest assured, that it would take quite a flood to damage that higher quality plywood. And though you know it wasn't built the way you expected, you have something that can serve you for years with the materials they chose.

Put another way!
You were happy with it when you bought it! Why spoil the joy! Live and be happy!!!

You like the rig?
A little investigation shows the frame work is less than desirable, but you now know that the builder used 7 ply plywood for the floor. You are elated to find they didn't use the cheapest stuff on the market. They aimed to offer something light enough that you don't need a troop carrier to move, by simply installing less wood of a higher quality.

You rest assured, that it would take quite a flood to damage that higher quality plywood. And though you know it wasn't built the way you expected, you have something that can serve you for years with the materials they chose.

Put another way!
You were happy with it when you bought it! Why spoil the joy! Live and be happy!!!
I purchased it sight unseen via video call. However for you and those wondering forest river got back to me.

They are citing Covid 19 supply chain issues and have confirmed their vendor was only able to supply 1/2 inch plywood for all artic wolf models from 2021 and 2022. I asked them to reinforce the floor with additional floor joists and they said , and I quote “forest river reserves the right to change or modify building materials without notice”.

I was then told to request it via warranty and see what happens.

You like the rig?

Put another way!
You were happy with it when you bought it! Why spoil the joy! Live and
Is the 5/8" issue publicized in the documentation or something a salesperson said? If it is what the salesperson said, that is as reliable as a hole in the bottom of a coffee cup. Won't hold coffee or water.

Sorry if I offend any salesperson here in the group. Just having to lump it all into one pot. I'm sure there are some knowledgeable and reliable salespersons. Hooray for you. But then I regress...........
Please see my response above, but to answer your question, this is publicized actors the dealers website, the dealers email corriepondence, and in the national brochure and literature from forest river.

They are citing Covid 19 supply chain issues and have confirmed their vendor was only able to supply 1/2 inch plywood for all artic wolf models from 2021 and 2022. I asked them to reinforce the floor with additional floor joists and they said , and I quote “forest river reserves the right to change or modify building materials without notice”.

I was then told to request it via warranty and see what happens.
So, I checked their brochure:

"All information contained in this brochure is believed to be accurate at the time of publication. However, during the model year, it may be necessary to make revisions and Forest River, Inc., reserves the right to make all such changes without notice, including prices, colors, materials, equipment and specifications as well as the addition of new models and the discontinuance of models shown in this brochure. Therefore, please consult with your Forest River, Inc., dealer and confirm the existence of any materials, design or specifications that are material to your purchase decision."

Note the last sentence. If you have record of you consulting the dealer about this, you may actually get somewhere with them. Good luck.

So, I checked their brochure:

"All information contained in this brochure is believed to be accurate at the time of publication. However, during the model year, it may be necessary to make revisions and Forest River, Inc., reserves the right to make all such changes without notice, including prices, colors, materials, equipment and specifications as well as the addition of new models and the discontinuance of models shown in this brochure. Therefore, please consult with your Forest River, Inc., dealer and confirm the existence of any materials, design or specifications that are material to your purchase decision."

Note the last sentence. If you have record of you consulting the dealer about this, you may actually get somewhere with them. Good luck.
Unfortunately the dealers emails had the same fine print, and their website also says the same thing.

My argument to them both was that this seems logical, but once the unit is already built and on the lot for sale, they can’t continue to advertise something that’s not there because it’s already been swapped so it’s not like you didn’t know. But they said doesn’t matter our disclaimer makes it okay to do it.

Unfortunately the dealers emails had the same fine print, and their website also says the same thing.

My argument to them both was that this seems logical, but once the unit is already built and on the lot for sale, they can’t continue to advertise something that’s not there because it’s already been swapped so it’s not like you didn’t know. But they said doesn’t matter our disclaimer makes it okay to do it.
Therefore, please consult with your Forest River, Inc., dealer and confirm the existence of any materials, design or specifications that are material to your purchase decision."
So, according to them, even though they tell you to consult with the dealer to confirm the materials, they can still mislead with impunity!

Nice!

It does seem to me, though, that the brochure statement definitely states that the dealer is supposed to tell you of any material changes that are important to you.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back