• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Another Dometic toilet issue

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Interesting problem. Looks like yours was electrical, so not the same problem as we had, butt here goes-
We have Dometic 8700 macerator toilets in our 2015 MH. Recently the local store was out of the regular Scott RV tp, so I bought some Camco rv tp.
Do NOT, repeat: DO NOT, use this stuff if you have this toilet. Within a day after starting to use this stuff both toilets were plugged. I thought we had used Camco before with no problem, but these rolls are like 200 grit sandpaper:((
Not that difficult to remove the toilets and clean out the clog, but not my first choice for a Saturday morning activity!

I’m skeptical myself. But we’ll see
UPDATE Dometic toilet issue
I received the new touchpads. Ordered one for each toilet. Plugged them in and voila, both functioned perfectly.
I really don’t understand how they both went out at the same time , but I’m glad that it’s fixed. My bride might be more glad than I. Maybe it was a power surge but I have two surge protectors and I can’t find any evidence of one happening.
Thanks again for all the input
Richard

That is strange. Makes me glad that we have one macerator toilet and one direct dump gravity toilet. If the macerator goes out, we still have some place to go...:LOL:

UPDATE Dometic toilet issue
I received the new touchpads. Ordered one for each toilet. Plugged them in and voila, both functioned perfectly.
I really don’t understand how they both went out at the same time, but I’m glad that it’s fixed.
@Magua ... where did you order the touch pads from?

FLSteve :unsure:

Latest resources

Back