Chassis
Spartan
Engine
500 lSX
TOW/TOAD
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Fulltimer
Yes
Have the Dometic 8700 series toilets. Neither toilet will flush. Green light is on, power to everything and still no flush. Changed out panels and still no go. Will not allow adding water either. Any suggestions??
TIA,
Richard

Have you checked power connections/wiring in the rear of the toilets? I had a incident yesterday in which toilet would not flush or add water. Manually checked connections and manipulated wiring. All functioning now.

Tried that too! Very odd how both toilets have the same issue with different control modules

Is there a fuse for the motor/flush system??

It is 12v system and believe there is a fuse in the half bath. Might also want to try 12v disconnect (salesman switch)

try a hard reset, kill all power, including salesman switch and wait 2 minutes, then power back up

Tried your suggestion. Didn’t help. But I appreciate your input. Also tried a spare cable to go from the switch to the module. No change there either.

Update
Dutch Star Don;6424284 said:
The only thing I can think of is that the full sensor is stuck, but not showing the red light. On one occasion, I had the toilets overflow out the roof vents on my 2014 DS. The lights never came on.

I went into the pegboard bay and located the "full" sensor on the top of the tank. I started to turn it to remove and clean, and everything went back to normal. It was hard wired with no connectors, so I didn't remove and clean it. Looking back, I probably should have cut the wires, added some spade connectors for future removal, but never had another issue. Simply moving it, rotating it, got it working. If I had known its location, I probably could have reached over the pegboard wall and given it a rap.

I thought I had a photo of the full sensor but can't find it. On my 2014 DS, it was on top of the black tank on the passenger side.

Thanks so much for the input. I just finished talking with a Dometic representative in the sanitation department. I had called earlier this am and followed a suggestion of cutting the yellow wire which was connected to the sensor on top. Still didn’t help. After about 2 hours, I called them back and got another representative. She had me find the gray/orange pigtail hanging down from the module. Using a paper clip, she had me insert one end into the white wire opening and the other end into the black opening. Do this AFTER you have unplugged the ether cable from the module. Voila!! Toilet flushed. Only offering this as a last ditch effort to flush the toilet. She told me that because it flushed, my touch pad must be defective,and not the module itself.

So, I’m going to order two touchpads and see if that really is my issue. Still strange that both went out at the same time.

Thanks to all for the info.
BTW, both Dometic representatives were outstanding. Knowledgeable and courteous

Both touch pads going out at once? That's weird! Please keep us updated it it works.

Both touch pads going out at once? That's weird! Please keep us updated it it works.
I’m skeptical myself. But we’ll see

Latest resources

Back