RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2020 JLUR Diesel
Well, I am sure that I made this mess - I've got the 'Black Pearl', 15 channel, remote controlled shade in my 2022 DSDP. In the dining room, the night shade was not deploying down, instead it was piling up way up there in the valence.

Simple fix - I'll just change the upper limit! Famous last words.....

After too many hours dealing with conflicting instructions from MCD and broken links from MCD AND NEWMAR .... I was able to change the upper limit.

HOWEVER, now the shade is a mode where I must hold the button down for the motor to run continuously between the upper and lower setting. If I make a momentary press, it budges a small distance. If I press and hold it moves a smidge. Then after a short delay it begins to move continuously, like it should.

Looks like I'll be playing the telephone support game later this week, unless somebody here has has the same issue and fixed it?

HOWEVER, now the shade is a mode where I must hold the button down for the motor to run continuously between the upper and lower setting. If I make a momentary press, it budges a small distance. If I press and hold it moves a smidge. Then after a short delay it begins to move continuously, like it should.
It sounds like your shade motor thinks it is in programming mode where you teach it the lower or upper limits.

My passenger MCD shade kept randomly entering programming mode on me after sitting at a camp site for a day or two. Unfortunately, the fix was to replace the shade due to a defective motor controller. The good news is it was still under warranty in my case.

Good luck!

Best,
-Mark

Thanks Mark!

I guess I mashed the wrong button doing the reset of the limits. I did a factory reset on the shade by squeezing that learning button for 4 jogs. I was then able to set the limits and it’s working just like before.

Happy trails!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back