Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
One of the downsides of dumping from inside the coach is not knowing...thankfully it seems to have happened during grey dump (after black) as I had sudsy water in the wetbay. Carpet wet even on the opposite side of the coach and it always shows our water pump controllers are not water proof, the one that drives my sani-con was kaput. Thankfully I have spares, and on that note, Amazon shows a new vendor for these controllers half price of intellitec that most of us use now.

Anyways, there was a tear/crack, not a pinhole, about 3 inches after it leaves the sani-con. Odd location, no reason for it to crack, and on the top side. While I have two additional hoses I figured I'd try rescue tape as I've used in the past and so far it is working nicely. I'll continue to monitor and of course dump from the wetbay to monitor instead of from within the coach.

Do you replace hoses on a time schedule or just after failure?
We’ve been lucky so far as to never have had a failure.

I always have a spare and/or extension. I needed two extensions here. The banjo connector setup makes it so easy. Always carry a spare. It’s not if but when.

On the CanyonStar I was able to set it up to have hard pipe extensions to the cap in the water bay. Any flexible hose failure would be outside of bay.
Still working on this for the DutchStar. Not as easy on the DutchStar.

CanyonStar

1722608235195.jpeg

I always have a spare and/or extension. I needed two extensions here. The banjo connector setup makes it so easy. Always carry a spare. It’s not if but when.
I also carry a spare Sani-Con hose with banjo connectors and a protective cover for when the one is use springs a leak (or I need the extension). And I always keep the hose in the wet bay unless actually dumping the tanks.

Been there, done that! In my case it was the black tank (and maybe the gray) contents that made a mess of the campground. I also activated the dump from inside. My Sanicon discharge is hard plumbed to the outside and I have a banjo fitting just below the wet bay door for connecting the hose. Fortunately the break in the hose only made a mess outside.

While I don't have a spare 1.5" hose, I do carry two 25' garden hoses and have banjo adapters for each end of the garden hose. While not ideal, it gets the job done. I used it while up near Glacier due the bad placement of sewer hookup. Even with the 1/2" garden hose, I could dump the black tank with just gravity, and then flush the hose with the gray.

Correction: It was only one extension used not two at this campground.

By the way, I keep one in the sewer hose compartment we have on the 2017 Ventana and another on the side of the OASIS. There is actually good room on both sides of OASIS, in my coach, for storing things like this.

IMG_6401.JPG

When you refer to banjo connector are you referring to the Cam-lock fittings? I'm confused!

Jaydee, I see cam locks on the hose in the picture

I saw Cam-locks too. That is why I asked.

Banjo fittings are typically used in high pressure fluid systems such as hydraulic brakes.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back