• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Anti social campgrounds

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
We stayed in a few over 55 campgrounds over the years. These were snow bird seasonal and nightly stay parks. We were snubbed by many in the park and treated as outsiders. Seems they can be very clickish. Maybe they knew I couldn't spell clickish. :cautious:
Hmm good insight. This park does have year rounders. Maybe it’s the “clickishness” I’m feeling.

I don't like sharing all of my closest held tips but not wearing deodorant has been a big success.
I got a real chuckle out of this comment. We have found that we really enjoy chance meetings of fellow Newmar owners on the road, as there are lots of stories to share. We have found we are not super rally fans, because of all the planned activities all the time. On our long trip this year from Ca. to Key West, it was really fun to meet up with some really nice people now and then. My thought is there is a happy medium that keeps travel even better. Judy D

It may large
Hmm good insight. This park does have year rounders. Maybe it’s the “clickishness” I’m feeling.
It may be like moving into a neighborhood where everybody already knows each other. Long-termers have plenty of time to get to know each other and develop close relationships. Fortunately,I have not had that experience. Of course I usually try to stay long enough to get to know folks.

I guess we each have to try different kinds of places to find what fits us best.

I need to start staying longer in one place. Right now I’m usually back on the road after 3 days at the most. So other than a few casual conversations, we don’t have much interaction with our temporary neighbors. But I think over December and January we might set a new record and stay a couple weeks in one park.

Latest resources

Back