• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Ants!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Last night the ants got liquored and went to town for the ball drop. While they were gone, I moved the coach to the far side of the park and a short time later my old space was re-occupied. Somewhere around 2:00 the ants returned from their escapades and they now live with a nice family from Georgia.

Problem solved.

Last edited:
I left a cookie on the counter yesterday and in the morning there were a million little tiny ants crawling across the counter and converging on the prize. I tossed the cookie and killed as many of the ants as I could. Today, no ants anywhere.

First thing we were wondering is where did so many ants come from in such a short amount of time? Considering the logistics of crawling up a wheel and finding a way into the coach must have been a challenging feat. And how did they know that cookie was there in the first place? And finally, did the survivors just turn around and leave the same way they came in or is there a more nefarious plan in the works?
Whenever I travel in my RV I am sure to carry a container of Amdro bait pellets available at most big box stores. When I set up at camp I sprinkle on the ground near my RV to set up a perimeter defense in anticipation of an invasion. . Of course in doing so I am cognizant of any possible harm that may come to people or pets. If done carefully it's never been an issue. The key is to get the worker ants back to the queen with the pellets and so far the product hasn't disappointed in quickly wiping out any colony(s) around me.

Latest resources

Back