RV Year
RV Make
Forest River Sandpiper
RV Model
365SAQB
RV Length
Fulltimer
No
I just ordered a Dometic Freshjet 3, 15k btu unit to replace my old (2014) Dometic Brisk Air 2, 15k. I found out once I started looking for a replacement that Dometic is phasing out the Brisk 2 and replacing it with the Freshjet 3. Everything I've read made me lean towards the Freshjet. It is supposed to be lighter (only 65 lbs.), quieter, but have more airflow than the Brisk 2. And it is supposed to be a direct replacement to the Brisk 2, and also backwards compatible, so all you have to do is drop it in, bolt it down, plug it into the existing control box, and go. That ease of installation was a big selling point for me. But, they have only been on the market since November, I think. So there really aren't many reviews on them yet. Just wondering if anyone has bought one of the new Freshjets, and if so, are you happy with it so far?

I just ordered a Dometic Freshjet 3, 15k btu unit to replace my old (2014) Dometic Brisk Air 2, 15k. I found out once I started looking for a replacement that Dometic is phasing out the Brisk 2 and replacing it with the Freshjet 3. Everything I've read made me lean towards the Freshjet. It is supposed to be lighter (only 65 lbs.), quieter, but have more airflow than the Brisk 2. And it is supposed to be a direct replacement to the Brisk 2, and also backwards compatible, so all you have to do is drop it in, bolt it down, plug it into the existing control box, and go. That ease of installation was a big selling point for me. But, they have only been on the market since November, I think. So there really aren't many reviews on them yet. Just wondering if anyone has bought one of the new Freshjets, and if so, are you happy with it so far?

That’s what came on my new North Trail. I haven’t used it all that much so far though. I haven’t had a 15k before, or a ducted unit, but it definitely is a bit quieter and puts out some good flow.

I'm definitely hoping for more flow. Mine is ducted as well. But the airflow through the vents with the Brisk Air 2 leaves a little to be desired. The bunkhouse at the rear gets pretty warm.

I'm definitely hoping for more flow. Mine is ducted as well. But the airflow through the vents with the Brisk Air 2 leaves a little to be desired. The bunkhouse at the rear gets pretty warm.
My trailer is really small and it’s definitely overkill, but I think you’ll like it!

Latest resources

Back