Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Anyone flat-towing a 2020 Lincoln Nautilus?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Good luck with Lincoln! The cost of the R&R of the "Shifter Cable Lockout" part number KT4Z-70246-T was $111.13 the labor cost was 330.00. Fortunately it was covered under the warranty and no charge to me. Not wanting to push my luck I traded the car shortly after the repair.
You don't by chance have the paperwork from repair, I have broken the cable on my 2019Lincoln and the dealer çant find a part number for the cable.
I'm stuck can't tow until I have the cable replaced.
Gary [email protected]
My Lincoln is a 2020. I think the cable is part of the whole unit and cannot be replaced alone. To replace the plastic box that holds the cable to disconnect the transmission, they have to replace the whole thing that goes down to the transmission. The part number for mine is KT4Z-7D246. The service manager at Big Valley Lincoln Ford had no Idea what the problem was and tried to say this part was an aftermarket addition I had put on the car. I told him to look in the owner's manual and it is described there and explains how to use it. They apparently did not have an owner's manual so I told them to look in the glove box of my car and look on page 195 under transmission. I had to insist that they also replace the tires that were damaged.

Latest resources

Back