Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Anyone using 10 meter Ham Radio in RV?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Well I made a choice on an antenna for the CB. A Firestick. Hopefully the cap can hold the wind load and the antenna doesn't bang on the side of the front cap. If it starts to impact the cap I'll install a bumper block on the cap as a "holdoff".

antenna.jpg

Well I made a choice on an antenna for the CB. A Firestick. Hopefully the cap can hold the wind load and the antenna doesn't bang on the side of the front cap. If it starts to impact the cap I'll install a bumper block on the cap as a "holdoff".

View attachment 5499
How did your antenna work out? Are you pleased with the mount? How low are your SWR readings. I have a Super C with a Freightliner mirror mount cb antenna. The lowest SWR I can get is 2.0 and that's grounded. Just wondering if I should switch to a non-ground plane mount, if it's worth it.

My apologies for taking so long to answer this, just missed your response.
To answer the question, the CB was useless except for very short distance. Squelch had to be soo high to eliminate background noise only the strongest signal were audible. I’ve read others have been successful but my setup was not.

I had a 10 meter I had clipped so I could get marine band. NOAA weather maps and forecasts for mariners I find useful.

Interestingly, the NOAA broadcasts were loud and clear on the CB that was installed.

Interestingly, the NOAA broadcasts were loud and clear on the CB that was installed.
It use to be CB’s could only broadcast at 7 watts of power. (Remembering from years ago). I bet there authorized for much more.

Nothing setup in the RV for mobile. But I do enjoy operating when parked. I carry a DX Commander and radio for this.

1691161138312.png

Latest resources

Back