Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Resolved Anyone willing to share their 9mm Luger ammo hoard?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I usually buy my ammo 1000 rounds at a time. I used to pay $.18-$20 per round. Now? 1000 rounds is $1200. That's $1.20 per round. Good grief.

108 grain? Seems like a light load for self defense. But I guess the hollow point makes up for it. :giggle:
It wouldn't be my first choice, but I'm not a 9mm fan either. During an ammo shortage, a 108-grain load would be better than a zero-grain empty chamber, however.

TJ

My local go to shop in Central Florida was able to accommodate a purchase of a new S&W 9mm and one box of ammo yesterday for the DW. They didn't have the exact model we were looking for but we got one that is desirable and popular. For our 380 and 38 ammo request the stores cupboard was bare and no relief in sight. No doubt the uptick in gun sales over the past few months is affecting supply for many reasons. I heard that in Jan. 2021 there was an 80% increase nationwide in sales over last year same time.
That ammo must be made of silver ;)

I had decided to retire my 9mm Taurus PT-111 Millennium as my nightstand pistol and replace it with a similar subcompact pistol. This was also the pistol I would have with me when camping locally. My plan was to wait until the crazy prices of guns and ammo was over to replace it but that didn’t happen. I was at my local sporting goods store yesterday looking for ammo and I noticed they had a Taurus G2c in their gun case with a price of $249.00 so temptation won out and I bought it. Magazine capacity is 12 rounds. It also has an adjustable rear sight that adjusts for both windage and elevation. Sometimes I don’t know how my wife puts up with me and my collection of firearms.

I took it to the shooting range today and the trigger pull was close enough to that of the PT-111 that I adjusted immediately. I only shot two magazines and was impressed with the pistols accuracy but it was so flipping cold I had to quit and head for the warmth of home. It took an hour for my old man bones to warm up again.

Here's a picture of the old and the new.
IMG_0936_1.jpg

Could be; I heard that the Lone Ranger stopped by the shop last week. ?

TJ
Yah I stopped by the G&S store Friday and was told the the S could not be ordered, just not available. Was told the price would likely go up in the near future. I think the Lone Ranger must have a complete Army behind him.

Latest resources

Back