• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Are you into Crypto?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I continue to follow bitcoin closely but am not ready yet to invest. I think the recent jumps in the price has been largely due to money from both institutional and private investors (aka Tesla). I think the the coronavirus pandemic is also playing a part. I think, like others, the key is diversifican - stocks (index funds), bonds, property (rentals). I like following game changers but have never been able to convince my self to invest early. Opportunity lost?? Guess I'll never know.

I was watching Bloomberg the other day and they said that Bitcoin started out for pennies a share (or bit?) and now is 44,000 a bit. Wow. I agree that it's scary, do they issue a document, like they did on bonds, to show what you have...?

It is a ledger you use to keep track of it. After talking to my wallstreet guy I must agree with him. What if the internet goes down?

If the internet goes down I'd be heading for the hills. Talk about civil breakdown.

$100 "invested" in Bitcoin in 2010 is 1 million dollars today.

Im staying away. Maybe it is the wave of the future, but Im living in the present and will hang onto real property, gold, silver and stocks in solid Blue Chips.
Look at it this way...........years ago if you owned a $100,000 home you were doing really well and were definitely in the upper middle class. Today, that same $100,000 priced home is and old starter home that needs about $100,000 worth of work to be livable. This is the devaluation of your dollars due to inflation. If you only hold onto dollars and "normal" old school investments as time goes on they will be worth less and less and less just like that $100,000 house. I was watching Tiny House Nation the other day and they had some tiny homes with less than 400 sq. ft. in them that were more than $100,000. It's a fact that the dollar is almost worthless.

Excellent point by @"EZ" . My philosophy has been been diversify but don't lose out on opportunities that may be beneficial down the road. A very small percentage of my portfolio is in things like digital currencies, EV, renewable energy etc.

The link is correct. YouTube won’t allow access this way, I guess. Search YouTube.

”When the internet is no more - episode from South Park season 12 episode 6

Latest resources

Back