Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

dralkyr

RVF Regular
The motor in our Atwood furnace went out a few days ago. I got an updated replacement motor and spent hours yesterday afternoon/evening replacing it. I felt so awesome - look at me, I can fix my furnace! As coding desk jockey, this felt great. New achievement unlocked and my wife gave me the "My husband is so amazing" look.

And then we turned it on.

It was still making a loud whirring sound. Worse, there is no air blowing through our vents. I did hear the flame ignite and I can feel that the vents themselves are warm, there is just no air being pushed. All the help articles I've found talk about what to do if the furnace is blowing cold, not what to do if it's not blowing at all. Heeeeeeelp!

Thanks, though that doesn't address the issue I'm having. Unfortunately my issue has now compounded. I took the new motor out to reassemble everything and just make sure nothing was loose or anything. Now... it doesn't come on at all. I'm afraid I may have broken a wire or something. Not good for us.

NEW PROBLEM

I got everything reassembled and it's turning on, furance ignites, etc. But after about 30 seconds the motor slows down (brand new motor), then the 10 amp breaker trips and the whole thing shuts down. I reset the breaker and it does the same thing.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back