• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Baby its COLD outside.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Snow is the only way to camp. Peaceful and quiet. At one with nature. Highly recommended.

Banff and Jasper tickets for February still available. Actually all available. Don't miss out.

Snow is the only way to camp. Peaceful and quiet. At one with nature. Highly recommended.

Banff and Jasper tickets for February still available. Actually all available. Don't miss out.
Been waiting for my application form. Can I get that on line @Neal ? WWW.funsnowrving.com?

Hi Guys:
Just woke up to a balmy -4 degrees below zero. Sure glad my coach is as snug as a bug in a rug in a heated storage facility.

Now how much were those RV lots in Florida again?

HH
Ahhhh yes. Real winter still does exist.

In six weeks it will begin to warm up; 11 weeks it will be about over. Jim will have to import man-made snow.😂😂

Snow took a break for most of the day, replaced by a "wintery mix" of frozen water and mild snow. lol. And now, it's snowing again. Supposed to stop by midnight but who knows?

Good news is the power came back on about 30 minutes ago. Temps are now in the low 20's, and forecast says 13* tomorrow. That's for Franklin, we're 2,000 feet higher so we're always 10* lower, so we'll probably see 3* or maybe even in the negative 0;s. This happens about 3 times a year out here, but generally not until Feb.

Meanwhile, the dragon is keeping us warm and toasty! Marvelous piece of mechanics.

DSCN6953.JPG

DSCN6969.JPG

DSCN6957.JPG

Hey Jim: That Dragon is pretty cool. Must take a lot of wood to feed that bad boy. We have a mini Dragon in our basement aka wood burning stove. Like you I have some acreage and have wood falling down and laying all over the place. We have a problem in our area with a bug called the ash borer. A lot of my ash trees have bit the dust. Saturday night it dipped to -7 below zero here in Northeast PA.

Sunday night we got hit with 10 + inches of very heavy wet snow. Got the jeep stuck with plow after I went off the driveway. Had to have wifey pull me out with tow rope & F150. Yep all in a days work with a NE PA winter.

I am ready for spring, but February and early March are just as bad.

HH

Hey Jim: That Dragon is pretty cool. Must take a lot of wood to feed that bad boy. We have a mini Dragon in our basement aka wood burning stove. Like you I have some acreage and have wood falling down and laying all over the place. We have a problem in our area with a bug called the ash borer. A lot of my ash trees have bit the dust. Saturday night it dipped to -7 below zero here in Northeast PA.

Sunday night we got hit with 10 + inches of very heavy wet snow. Got the jeep stuck with plow after I went off the driveway. Had to have wifey pull me out with tow rope & F150. Yep all in a days work with a NE PA winter.

I am ready for spring, but February and early March are just as bad.

HH

Yes, the dragon is awesome. It heats 380 gallons of water up to 185*, and then a series of pumps sends the hot water through the floors of the house, heating the rooms to whatever the thermostat in that room is set to. Have to cut wood each year but like your place, it falls down faster than I can keep up with it.

I don't know what the final tally was out here but I'm guessing pretty much the same as what you got. Got down to 17* last night and forecasted lower tonight. We've been snowed in now for 2 days and played enough cards to last a lifetime. I'm fed up with it, but Rex & Ryker are having a grand ol time. :)

DSCN7013.JPG

DSCN7014.JPG

DSCN7015.JPG

DSCN7016.JPG

DSCN7019.JPG

DSCN7035.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN7017.JPG
    DSCN7017.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Wait. What? All I've heard is global warming will kill us all. Do they mean freeze to death?

Well, it's official, we are snowed in! More appropriately, we're iced in. Just fired up the snow plow but the blade just skids across the ice. We're stuck until the sun melts it all.

DSCN7048.JPG

Well, it's official, we are snowed in! More appropriately, we're iced in. Just fired up the snow plow but the blade just skids across the ice. We're stuck until the sun melts it all.

View attachment 10536
Now y’all appreciate what we in the north go through every year. It ain’t fun.😎

Latest resources

Back