Baby its COLD outside.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Now y’all appreciate what we in the north go through every year. It ain’t fun.😎
Yep, I feel your pain. We get this every year too. But this time the ice was really bad and that's what's messed me up from getting the driveway open. I tried to get the mush moved, but when I started down the driveway (16* grade) the plow started to slide so I abandoned the effort. The area to the left of the road is a ravine that drops down a good 100' or more to the creek. Sliding off the road would be an ugly affair.

Probably going to find the plow down at the bottom of the hill tomorrow. But hey, it didn't stop us from bbq'ing burgers!

DSCN7072.JPG

DSCN7063.JPG

Hey Jim yeah a 100 ft drop would sure put a hurting on your equipment not to mention YOU. I have a 2017 4 door Jeep Sahara. It is my do everything Jeep. Daily driver, trail buggy, toad vehicle and so much more. I have a two in receiver hitch fore and aft. Seven foot snow plow goes on front and 200 lb. salt capacity electric Mad Dog salt spreader on the back. Now that is a vehicle that does it ALL.

With this last storm I wasn't paying attentiom and went off the side of the driveway near a big dip at the top. Needless to say I got the Jeep stuck and couldn't get out. The snow was very, very wet heavy snow on top of the 4 inches we had the previous week. Had wifey get in the Ford 150 with a long towe rope and pull me out. Just all in a days work with a PA NE winter....LOL

Regards HH

Guess I will have to move further south than NC.😎

Hey Jim yeah a 100 ft drop would sure put a hurting on your equipment not to mention YOU.

Regards HH
Yeah, I live up on the mountain, and the road was cut into the side of that mountain. It's about 1/2 mile from the bottom up to where I live and all along the entire road, the drop is at least 100' down.

I sold a car to a fellow one time and he asked me to drive it down to the bottom for him. I've even got a couple of relatives who won't drive up the road, I have to go down and get them. It's paved, and really not a big deal. But for the faint of heart, it's a no-go! :)

I'm out! Well, sort of. Got one run down the hill with the plow, got to the bottom and went to the barn to make sure the cat had food. Came back out and the plow wouldn't start. So I've got one side of the road clear but the other is still several inches deep in snow/ice. Had to drive the Jeep back up with two wheels on the cleared driveway and the other two in the snow.

Lockers on and 4-wheel low. Quite the squerly trip back up. o_Oo_Oo_O

I've RV'd in worse! Come on, you can do it!

Lol, snow was piled up so high on the hood I had to take a flat shovel and scoop it off just to see.

Trish and I piled back in and headed to Fat Buddies for lunch. 😊

Supposed to rain tonight, which should dissolve most of the snow but then it’s supposed to start snowing again on Friday.

I’ll be in Gulf Shores this time next year even if I have to rent a house somewhere!

Oh the good ole days of RVing...

Well, just north of you and tomorrow the next winter whatever the weather guesser says is coming, is coming.

Just when you think it can't get any worse it does. This morning temp Sat the 22nd was -10 degrees below zero. Here in the NE PA we are in this very cold snap for the second week. Highs are in the teens and mid 20's. My snow piles are getting higher and the temperatures are getting lower, hmmmm whats wrong with this picture.

I have hunted in this kind of weather in Alaska and the mid west, but as you get older your bones get creakier . Heading to the Lehigh Valley for the passing of an old dear biker buddy. Seems like not a good day all around.

Stay warm guys.

HH

Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. My home is way north of you. I always say, if we don’t have Two weeks of -5 to +10 degree weather, we haven’t had real winter.

And yes, it seems to get either more challenging to handle with age (certainly all of the shoveling), or some just get tired of it. Except for maintaining superior driving skills, I would not miss it if I could escape it.

Safe travels.

Latest resources

Back